Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fuel injection >

Fuel injection

Notices

Fuel injection

Old 05-13-2002, 08:46 PM
meander77

Default Fuel injection

I would appreciate any feedback here I have had some hard time getting the answers I am looking for.

I am building that 22 Arneson donzi that was posted a few days ago and I am looking at different options for my engine. I built, dynoed and tested a 454 with a M1 procharger and a 650 holley from Procharger. Without the blower the engine pulled 430 hp at the crank. With the blower at 5 psi it was just over 600 hp. I am a student and I am on a budget but quite frankly reliabilty it more important to me. I have heard some mixed results with the use of Carbed prochargers and them blowing engine if everything is not set up in a very small window. I can afford to build it right but it needes be be a reliable set up that won't blow up ( I know anything can happen )

For this reason I am considering EFI. A friend of mine uses a complete stand alone laptop controled system with a Procharger and has very good luck with it. It is a FAST unit. I am looking for a dealer/manufacturer that deals in these items that can walk me through my options.

The other option I was looking at was using an OEM mercruiser MPI. But will a stock 454 efi system work for me with 60+ more hp? What about a 502 system? What are the differences and do these systems work well with Prochargers.

Really would appreciate some real world help. Thanks

Chris
Webb Institute

Old 05-14-2002, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile FAST ECU and ProCharger

Hey Chris,
I have just purchased a FAST ECU to set up on a ProCharged 540 but haven't gotten to set it up yet.
Try contacting Rob at Force Fuel Injection. Very knowledgable and helpful.
I primarily went with the fast ECU for the wide band O2 sensor and data logging. Safety first!
1-305-235-6160
www.force-efi.com
Dave