audio experts please help

Notices

audio experts please help

Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I run all of my stereo off of one Interstate group 29M deep cycle battery. The head unit is wired into a switch at the helm, but everything else is wired to the 29M. The head unit really doesn't pull hardly any power since the internal amp is switched to off. I have 8 speakers, 2 subs, a PDX 4.150 and PDX 4.100 bridged. I've never run the battery down so low that the stereo would cut out. I've run it at 3/4 volume 3-4 hours.
I have 2 other group 24 batteries for starting the engines.
How does your 29M battery charge? Do you have it connected your alternator or just rely on a onboard charging system? Im just starting to learn how this stuff goes, so sorry for the lame questions.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

I have 2 Perko switches. #1 on each switch is for the starting battery on each engine. #2 on both switches goes to the deep cycle. That way I can charge the deep cycle off either engine. I never put both switches on #2 when running. If I switch both switches to ALL, as long as I have one good battery, I can start both engines. I do not have an on board charger. A few times when I have run the stereo hard for a long time I will charge the deep cycle with a 10 amp charger overnight.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Griff
I have 2 Perko switches. #1 on each switch is for the starting battery on each engine. #2 on both switches goes to the deep cycle. That way I can charge the deep cycle off either engine. I never put both switches on #2 when running. If I switch both switches to ALL, as long as I have one good battery, I can start both engines. I do not have an on board charger. A few times when I have run the stereo hard for a long time I will charge the deep cycle with a 10 amp charger overnight.
Thanks Griff, your help is always appreciated.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

latest update on the system. Just purchased an alpine pdx-m6 amp and a jl 10" sub to mount under the bed in the cuddy. System needed some bass. hopefully this will do it