Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
502 with M1sc >

502 with M1sc

Notices

502 with M1sc

Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys. Will contact him in the new year when I start to install the system. Again, I am new to boost on boat. Seen turbos on 4 stroke sleds and they live quite well as long as you dont get greedy. At 5 PSI, I will be happy.

FIXX......10 mph on a 22ft? What do you think my 25 outlaw will gain moving up to a 28p prop and 5 PSI?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran an M1SC on a 496Mag for over 200 hours with no issues.... new owner is still running it with no issues.... follow the Procharge installation instructions to the "T"... with the 3lb pully you do NOT need to reprogram the ECM.... you will increase the fuel pressure to account for the need.... kit come with a new fule pump... mine did anyway...you'll need to run 75-80lbs at full throttle... 35-40 lbs at idle... great system.... in my case I went from a 24" prop to a 28" prop... an increase of 12mph! I never ran the 5lb pully because then you need to reprogram the ECU & change injectors.... Have fun!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kragar
Thanks Guys. Will contact him in the new year when I start to install the system. Again, I am new to boost on boat. Seen turbos on 4 stroke sleds and they live quite well as long as you dont get greedy. At 5 PSI, I will be happy.

FIXX......10 mph on a 22ft? What do you think my 25 outlaw will gain moving up to a 28p prop and 5 PSI?
one guy on donzi.net with a 454 mag 385 hp gets 92 out of his 22 but he also has a shorty lower...to give you a accurate answer and to be honest with you i really dont know how the baja's run so i would just be blowing smoke..your going to have to run your current prop on the set up after you get it done.That's why for one reason to raise your rev limiter, i wouldn't go higher then 5400 rpms..then use the prop calculator to figure out your prop slippage and then which prop to go with..make sure you use your gps on the speed your running then calculate your pitch to the rpm's you want to run..

if your going to be running above 70 mph you may want to look into hydraulic steering..

Originally Posted by GORT
I ran an M1SC on a 496Mag for over 200 hours with no issues.... new owner is still running it with no issues.... follow the Procharge installation instructions to the "T"... with the 3lb pully you do NOT need to reprogram the ECM.... you will increase the fuel pressure to account for the need.... kit come with a new fule pump... mine did anyway...you'll need to run 75-80lbs at full throttle... 35-40 lbs at idle... great system.... in my case I went from a 24" prop to a 28" prop... an increase of 12mph! I never ran the 5lb pully because then you need to reprogram the ECU & change injectors.... Have fun!
a 496 and a 502 efi are two different animals,cant compare the two...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Lets get to the bottom of this ????

I am a little confused on your comment are you sure you are adding your kit to see 70 with 5 people or could it be that you are afraid of the 454mag and the 496mag in the Advantage and Commander ?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plus Man
I am a little confused on your comment are you sure you are adding your kit to see 70 with 5 people or could it be that you are afraid of the 454mag and the 496mag in the Advantage and Commander ?
Acording on here, I dont need to worry about your stock pistoned 496 on boost

Something we are also looking into is Meth injection set to come on at 3.5PSI of boost for added insurance. Any thoughts?