Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Replacement injectors for 861260T (502MPI Whipple) >

Replacement injectors for 861260T (502MPI Whipple)

Notices

Replacement injectors for 861260T (502MPI Whipple)

Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
As for the fuel system, Whipple added a seperate small fuel pump just for the 2 additional injectors in the blower. It was it's own seperate fuel system. I do away with all of that and the stock fuel system and replace it all. The way to do it is to run one larger pump. The stock pump is not enough. An Aeromotive A1000 pump will work just fine. There are several other pumps that will work as well.
The stock injectors in the intake and 2 80# injectors in the blower are the way to go. You really should do some mods to the fuel rail. There is one injector that has a VERY small feed hole going to it. That one cylinder has a tendency to run lean. That injector feed hole needs to be opened up. Also, I drill and tap the ends of the rail for larger fittings and hoses. The stock hoses are very small. I also feed fuel to the rail from both ends. I also drill and tap a bypass hole in the rail for a return. It depends on which rail you have. They made 3 different versions over the years. Some are easier than others to modify. If the rail has a built in regulator, then it will need to be removed and a seperate remote mount regulator used. An Aeromotive regulator is fine. I would be glad to do the mods to your rail if needed.
I use the one fuel pump to supply both sets of injectors and then return to the tank. You also need to get rid of the stock fuel filter head and replace it with a larger one if it already hasn't been done.
The bottom end will certainly handle the 650 hp you want to make. The crank and rods are more than strong enough for that. It previously burned a piston because it was lean. Whether it wasn't tuned correctly or the fuel system could not deliver the fuel, it was too lean.
That will get you started in the right direction. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions or if I can help.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie!

I'm aware of the one rail orifice not beeing machined too well, and I will definitely upgrade the rest of the fuel system as part of the rebuild.

Anyone out there having a set of 861260T injectors for sale?
Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered

If you're still looking for inectors, I have a set I'll sell. No issues with them. Removed them when I supercharged and went to Accel DFI. Make me an offer.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Traveler
If you're still looking for inectors, I have a set I'll sell. No issues with them. Removed them when I supercharged and went to Accel DFI. Make me an offer.
861260T???
Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Yep. If anyone else is interested I also have a MEFI 2 computer, fuels pumps and regulators. Basically an entire Mercruiser fuel injection system from a 1998 350 Mag.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

I'm still looking for 861260T injectors!