Dart 8.1 Gen 7 Iron Heads

Notices

Dart 8.1 Gen 7 Iron Heads

Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head & cam package

Tyler Crocket says that he is working on and will have a have a head and cam package in 3 weeks.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Hopefully that will be after he builds and finishes the Raylar HO600 he is building for our joint customer in Tyler's shop with all the wonderful Raylar Red parts and internals we shipped to his shop.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
Hopefully that will be after he builds and finishes the Raylar HO600 he is building for our joint customer in Tyler's shop with all the wonderful Raylar Red parts and internals we shipped to his shop.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
+1 on that Ray!! Will be taking my headers to him early this week and check on progress and snap a few pictures. Exciting!!

Wayne
Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
I tested the Dart heads with 3 different camshafts and several rocker arm ratios and different valve sizes to get the best results with the stock intake manifold. I took a stock 375 HP and put forged pistons in it because all of the dyno testing I was going to do but I kept the compression the same at 9.1 I installed the Dart heads right out of the box No Porting just a valve job and put a camshaft and roller rocker arms on and we made 575 HP and well over 600FT of torque. The ex ports flow so well we found out that we did not need the extra lift on the ex side. Dart took the stock head and cut it all into pieces so they could beef up all the weak areas like in the exhaust port where they get thin and leak coolant into the cylinder.
Do you mind if I ask about how big the smallest cam was and about how much power that combo made?
Thanx.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jmccart
Do you mind if I ask about how big the smallest cam was and about how much power that combo made?
Thanx.
You may need to PM Tyler.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

New Tyler Crockett -Raylar HO600 dyno results!

Baja Man and other 496 owners:

Hey Wayne, talked to Tyler Crockett this afternoon and he was able to get your Raylar HO600 completed and on the dyno this am.
Hope you already have the news but I thought some others here on OSO would like to know that they don't have to pull out their 496's and sell them just to buy some other expensive power!
Thanks to Tyler excellent build procedures and assembly,
Tyler, said the engine made 660HP at 5600 rpms, over 640 lb/ft. of torque on the dyno and its done, ready for your boat!
Hope this gets you excited as I know it will and just to say thank you for believing in the Raylar package for the 496Mag&HO engines and supporting our products.
Nice to confirm our statements that it is easy with Raylar packages or builds to make over 625-650HP with 500 cubic inch engines of the Gen 7 version without supercharging and using 89-91 pump gas!
Enjoy your new 600+ power and try and take it easy on the stick when accelerating as your Bravo drive will be close to its limits! This happens to be the third independent test of the Raylar HO600 package in the last two months and all have had similar results!
Have Fun, Enjoy Memorial Day and be Safe!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

How much does your package cost? After pricing your package it was cheaper to make the same power by selling my 496s and starting with some used 500 hps. Oh and i made the same power you are advertising. But that was just my personal experience.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Default Change out Engine Type??

I realize these kinds of results can be achieved with older engine types like the HP500 engines but they do not have EFI, closed cooling and a lot of other features of this engine package. A 650 horsepower level with an iron head HP500 base engine would require usually more cubic inches (most likely 540) and with its iron heads it would have to run on 91-93 octane for sure to provide that kind of power with that combo to prevent detonation and would really be a freshwater only package with longevity for open raw water cooling.

The other thing for performance boaters to consider when they take a late model 2001-2010 boat and remove the original efi closed cooled engine and replace it with an older 90's carb'd engine and they go to resell the boat in the future they will be taking a much bigger hit on the book and market value for that boat on resale. I've seen this happen many times over the last 5 or so years and most who experienced this write down in boat value regretted their decision when they resold their boat.
Just something to consider before doing this type of re-power.

I would and I am sure others here would like to hear the specs, total cost and actual dyno result printouts of your build.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 05-19-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: eliminate advertising
Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nice package Ray, and price too!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Well Ray that is not true about the re sale value i know several people that would not even want a boat with 496s. And it is not as hard to make 600 plus out of BBC. It can be done with 502ci. A good set of heads, intake, cam and know what your doing. Unless you think every one who makes the same amount of power as one of your engines is lying. JMHO. I would own a 496 now that there is more aftermarket parts. They do have some advantages like the closed cooling and i am a huge fan of EFI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.