Sea Water Pump >

Sea Water Pump

Notices

Sea Water Pump

Old 01-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Water Pump

Hello, I have a 2004 Shockwave 21 Step Skier with MX 6.2 MPI. I had an issue with low engine operating temp of 130 with a normal op temp of 180 in a 75 to 80 water temp environment, I run the lower Colorado River, Lake Martinez area. Chose to change out the thermostat, while doing that chose to inspect the sea water pump, impeller needed to be replaced, although not in BAD shape, questioned the housing, took it to Yuma Marine. They said they could mill the face plate to remove the wear and install a new impeller, sounded good to me. Put it all back together and now the belt wants to walk off the idler and pump pulley (it doesn’t, but it wants to), (Yuma Marine says that they get three cuts without any issues) I then attempted to shim the pump to get it in exactly the original location. No shim combination worked.
Question #1) Did I bend the pump bracket with initial reinstall of the altered pump?
Question #2) Do I need a new bracket and re-shim the pump?
Question #3) Is their pump repair widely accepted?
Question #4) Should I have replaced the whole pump assembly?
Thank you