Thank You Mercury Racing >

Thank You Mercury Racing

Notices

Thank You Mercury Racing

Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to write down the ser number of your engine so you know you are getting back the same one you sent in.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news man. Good luck. I know first hand that they do know when the *****ing is loud. Keep us updated.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Glad to here Mercury Racing is going to look into your problem and help possibly with a good outcome.

I had a "brain fart" when I mentioned the diaphragm leak from a pump into the crankcase, you are correct , the late model engines from Mercury racing drive the pump of the side of the raw water pump and I know that, stupid comment on my part!

Glad to see speaking publicly on these forums can sometimes gain reconsideration from a manufacturer to "step up to the plate" for its customers!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
They must not be listening to all the b*tching about
XR upper gearsets, though
Good point! I guess they are making too much money on replacement parts to care about keeping a customer, but then again, if I can't afford to make the switch to another brand of drive, they've got me.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

any news???
Old 03-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
There's a step in the right direction!!
Good luck!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default New News

They found a score on #1 cylinder. The think that that was contributing to the gas in the oil. They are installing a new short block and will run on the dyno this week. I never had blowby as a dipstick pushed out of the tube. The compression was within 3 psi across the board. The leakdown was good because it was at TDC. I hope this is the "smoking gun". I believe Merc Racing is making a real effort to sort this out. THANK YOU.....THANK YOU
Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Down
who did you finally talk to, or how did you get them to reconsider their decision?

sorry to ask again but you never let us all know what finally persuaded Merc Racing to reconsider their earlier decision...we all want to know what finally changed their minds....it may help the rest of us if we ever have similar problems!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 AM
Registered

I think somebody told them or somebody of the Marketing-Division is reader of the board (would be a bad company if not... we do)

Just sad that you need to make such a dust to get noticed.... a real good company would react in the first moment.

But...

for financial institutes they say to big to fail

for a company like MercRace you can say: To big and snobby to react...

I had trouble with a dealer in Germany, he react for nothing..

Then we had a big exhibition where he was with a display... and iwas there with a small display where i wrote down my story.....

same day i had a date with all service i ask a year long before.

As long i was an anonym customer with a problem nobody knows he was the hero in service.

But with me standing in front of his display....the customers he can lost was more than the money he need to spen to make me happy

So same here: I bet Merc read this tread.. as long nobody looks after it they donīt care but now it was to much to lost

BTW.... maybe we never know what the real reason was... maybe you get a brand new engine and they will tell about a small problem they get fixed
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the score in #1 cyl is a result not a cause..when gas gets in the oil dilutes the lubercating ability, can kill bearings, crank, cyl walls so quick you would not believe !!! I know did one so quick I did not believe it....you have a injector leaking after shutdown, only way to get that much fuel in the oil and still run anywhere close to normal..good luck...Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.