Like Tree0Likes

Sea water pump conversion

Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1994 Baja 236 500HP
Default Sea water pump bracket conversion

Has anyone changed over a gen V water pump bracket with a old style Mark IV adjustable bracket? I no longer use the mechanical fuel pump, just trying to eliminate the idler pulley. I ordered a stainless one from Dennis Moores website. I can cut a section out of it to make it mount on the pump but I am having troubles with belt allinement. It seems like the pulleys are in a different position on the shaft. Almost seems like I need to install the old style pulley on the pump. Here is the one I just recieved. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Last edited by jeffswav; 03-13-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: 81 Scarab Type S, 84 Wellcraft Excaliber Cat, 81 `39 Squadron XII - Onging Restoration

I am not sure but I believe that you would need to change the whole pump because the "clamp" style bracket goes to the long "snount" pump and it is machined to accept the clamp style bracket. Rookie did a thread ahile back were he rebuilt his pump and had removed the mechanical fuel pump and plced a cover over the hole where the fuel pump went.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff_m_b View Post
I am not sure but I believe that you would need to change the whole pump because the "clamp" style bracket goes to the long "snount" pump and it is machined to accept the clamp style bracket. Rookie did a thread ahile back were he rebuilt his pump and had removed the mechanical fuel pump and plced a cover over the hole where the fuel pump went.
I have had the fuel pump blocked off for about 6 years, thats the easy part. My pulley is pressed on, from what I have read the older style has a pressed on mandrel then the pulley bolts to it. Not sure what the clamp style is, I am also curious if the pumps are different lenghts.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: 83' Nordic 23' Viking 505 BBC TRS Drive

Here's the old clamp style.
http://www.perfprotech.com/store/ass....aspx#assembly
Old 03-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklenjim View Post
That bracket will not work with the Gen V pump. I will probable just have to cut a section out of this one to make it fit. Then figure out the pulley allinement.