Notices

need help

Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought they did all that basic testing. The ECM harness has two small ground wires that terminate on the rear bellhousing mount studs, they are twisted together into a common 3/8 ring terminal. The studs are on each side of the bellhousing where the curve transitions to straight down. They are fairly small guage wires and the ring terminal is steel and could corrode. Check these to see if they are loose on the stud, there may be a negative battery cable over them on the stud. If there is signs of corrosion inspect them carefully for continuity. The ECM circuit grounds through these small wires. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Pull your timing chain cover off and check for wear, like was said it may have jumped. How many hours are on the engine?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat1
I thought they did all that basic testing. The ECM harness has two small ground wires that terminate on the rear bellhousing mount studs, they are twisted together into a common 3/8 ring terminal. The studs are on each side of the bellhousing where the curve transitions to straight down. They are fairly small guage wires and the ring terminal is steel and could corrode. Check these to see if they are loose on the stud, there may be a negative battery cable over them on the stud. If there is signs of corrosion inspect them carefully for continuity. The ECM circuit grounds through these small wires. Good luck.
ill have to check this tomorrow, thank you so much every one for your help, ill for sure let everyone know when i fix it and what it was.