Question about Bravo Drive >

Question about Bravo Drive

Notices

Question about Bravo Drive

Old 05-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Bravo Drive

Ok I bought a fountain last year and it sat a year before that and it sat last year. SO basically sat for two years. AT LEAST THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD.

Yesterday did all the fluids and the evidence seems to point to what I just said. The engine oil was topped off and seemed to be a nice gold color no black, filters were new.

Now get to the drives. First ones fluid came out nice and that blue-green merc color. Get to second one and top plug seemed a little pressurized. The fluid had streaks of white in it from what I assume to be water. No metal flakes on either plug or in oil. Thinking that all this flud is new, would be possible for condensation to create this water in the fluid, speciallly if the drive fluid wasnt filled up all the way and there was an air pocket.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Unlikely. There is very little breathing in a Bravo drive, even when it is run. So, very little air exchange to cause condensation IMO. Also, if it is condensation, wouldn't both drives be subject to the same amount of condensation?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Pressure test it ... only way to know....
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

just went out and ran both engines. one drive acts normal the one in question kind of slams in gear, and has a winding up noise and when you take it out of gear there is a metailcy winding down noise.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
just went out and ran both engines. one drive acts normal the one in question kind of slams in gear, and has a winding up noise and when you take it out of gear there is a metailcy winding down noise.
A slam or a bump? Bump normal and getting rid of that is adjusting the shift cable. A whining noise maybe lack of fluid or bearing acting up. Put new hp fluid in it and run it again if still making noise open it up and look at bearings. Bravo drives are very simple set ups. I you hear it over your motors probably a messed up bearing but check that everything is greased up
Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Its a slam. One engine is a bump like you said. Im going out to relube and check the top gears. beause thats what I think it is.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

Alright Update. Went and regreased the chit out the grease fitting on the right side of the drive. It took a lot yesterday and took a lot today. let it run and put it in drive, clunking seemed to be not as bad and didnt clunk in reverse this time. And when I gave it gas it didnt seem to whind up and whind down. Seemed to whine a little in reverse. Still seems to whine in reverse. Where are the other grease fittings. Found one on the outside and inside??? Hopefully the grease was just old and needed more holding my fingers!!

Last edited by Fountain4402; 05-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Ummm...... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore
Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Banned

yeah im confuses on it as well
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Registered

Fitting are on u joints and drive has to cOme off. Sounds like a bad gimbal bearing. Pm your number and I can walk you through it or do a search on here.