Keeps Throwing belt...

Notices

Keeps Throwing belt...

Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throwing belts 99% of the time comes down to only three possibilities:

1. Alignment. This is the most common problem, especially at higher rpm or when the rpm goes up and down quickly (change in speed). Damaged pulleys and bad bearings etc in accessories also cause alignment issues.
2. Pulley drag. If one of the driven components has an issue, it will create a tight area and a loose area on each side of that driven pulley. Again, most often the problem is apparent at higher rpm or when the rpm changes.
3. Belt tension. Either due to misadjustment, or a failing spring in an automatic tensioner. Also most often apparent at higher rpm or when rpm changes.

Hook the water up and start the engine onshore. Give the engine a quick rev and let the rpm drop off. See if you can see at which accessory the belt begins its problem, and look there.
Stand back, the belt can go any direction.
If it doesn't do it with a free rev and rev drop (no load), good chance you've solved the issue.
Install a new belt when you're done.

Good luck Ron.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem looks to be fixed. I think i got her all worked out. Thanks again all....