Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
conditions that will trigger a CONSTANT alarm?? someone please help me??? >

conditions that will trigger a CONSTANT alarm?? someone please help me???

Notices

conditions that will trigger a CONSTANT alarm?? someone please help me???

Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conditions that will trigger a CONSTANT alarm?? someone please help me???

These are the conditions that will trigger a CONSTANT alarm.

1. Coolant Overheat.
2. Low Oil Pressure.
3. Overspeed (RPM limit)
4. Port or Star exaust man. overheat
5. Sea Pump PSI low.

somebody please try to help me. I have a constant alarm on portside motor.
I have a constant alarm, however it started before I even started the motor! I had not driven boat since last week. When I put it up everything worked great. This weekend we backed boat down ramp and I turn the key on my starboard motor (no alarms) Then I started it and everything sounds great. Then I turned the key on portside motor, however I did NOT start motor, the constant alarm sounded so i turned off the key to the starboard motor and lifted up the hatch and checked all the fluids in both motors. Drivelube was low on portside so i top it off and thought thats why the alarm went off. Then I turned the key and the alarm was still going off (but did not start) At this point i went ahead and started motor(alarm still on), It sounded fine! but when you drive it it will go into what I think is guardian mode? Cause it losses powers after you take off. I guess my question is out of the five possable reasons for a constant alarm, which one will set it off before you even start the motor???? I believe it to be a bad sensor but which one? please help????

Last edited by pagerboy; 06-27-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

ok! I figurd it out on my own? one of the exaust manafolds sensors was bad! what sucks is it looks a litle melted and its broke off in the manafold? any ideas how to get it out
Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

go buy the new one,,,and study,,on how far you can drill into it,,,and try an ez out
Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Registered

i got one out of the other motor, thats what im gona do thx.