572 stroker What to do with EFI >

572 stroker What to do with EFI

Notices

572 stroker What to do with EFI

Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 572 stroker What to do with EFI

Was wondering what i can do with my stock 502 efi if I put a 572 stroker kit in my boat..... I know the easiest way is to convert to carb but wondering about options?? Thanks guys
Old 07-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sickoutlaw
Was wondering what i can do with my stock 502 efi if I put a 572 stroker kit in my boat..... I know the easiest way is to convert to carb but wondering about options?? Thanks guys
i am shooting from the hip here as i have never done this but if you look around on this topic i think you are going to find about a dozen posts that talk about that intake manifold being the limiting factor for everything that happens from a flow /volume standpoint. as for the efi, thats a different deal. as far as i am concerned, the efi is a 100 times better than carbs but thats only if it is in good shape and can now be mapped properly for the new combination. and there in lay the problem. people call it a "tune" and that implies some magic bean setting that mystically makes verything correct and this concept is dumb. getting a proper map requires getting on a dyno that has the proper instrumentation and an operator that understands the various parameters and techniques to do the work. it doesn't happen over the phone or thru the mail. and unless the combination is exactly ( or very very similar) to others using the same system, it is probably very very difficult to get right in the boat because of the lack of instrumentation. so .. the decision sort of works like this... getting the efi correctly mapped will be a project in its own right but in the end you will end up with a superior product. bolting a big carb and manifold on it will be a lot easier and cheaper but won't be as good across the board in any respect than the efi would. for me the thing that would push me in one direction or the other would be the ability to get the work done properly. almost anyone can bolt a carb and manifold on and get it close enough to work. no magic there... but there are precious few people and facilities that have the specific and elemental knowledge to take your motor and efi and give it back to you done correctly. if that guy is next door to you then go efi. if he is 6000 miles away and has a back log of two years then the carb is the better choice.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Give Eddie Young a call. He can set you up with an efi system and do it right. Efi is very nice and worth the effort
in my opinion.
He typically uses a Holley intake and throttle body and modifies
it for the application. He works with a guy who makes custom wiring harnesses for him.

Last edited by SkiDoc; 07-05-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Registered

I am bulding tripple 604 EFI now. you may be better off changing out you computer.
Attached Thumbnails 572 stroker What to do with EFI-2011-06-23-11.44.40.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on what you are willing to spend, to get the EFI system to work with that is going to cost $$$$$$$ a dart intake a and a 1050 will coat about what you can sell your stock EFI stuff for....