600 sci stage 1 and stage 2 kit

Notices

600 sci stage 1 and stage 2 kit

Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 600 sci stage 1 and stage 2 kit

thinking about stage 2 kit, anyone on east coast?

Thanks Joe
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipple upgrade

Originally Posted by JMPH

Thanks Joe
JMPH,

Getting either of these upgrades done is the easy part. Not becoming part of the water pressure/hi charge temp problem group can be more challenging.

I run a single 600sci with the stage 2 upgrade. Despite the problems, I do not regret the upgrade. Brings the engine to life. You will pick up some top end, but the mid range acceleration certainly is worth the trouble. These changes require water flow changes with increased demand in some areas having the potential to leave other areas like your headers under serviced.

Many on this site can and most likely will jump in and leave you with much to think about. My suggestion would be to research this upgrade thoroughly. Discuss what you learn with your chosen mechanic before you proceed. If you upgrade and run into some of the known problems, it isn't hard to spend significant dollars trying to resolve the problems. A chat with Dustin @ Whipple would be a very good idea before you commit to making the change. If you can get Dustin to guarantee success, then you'll be a winner.

I hope this helps.

Fearless010 (Peter)
Old 07-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Joe
If you are looking for a dealer, Hot To Go Motorsports in Grand Island, NY is a Whipple dealer.

Have Stage 2's, run flawless. Water issues have more to do with how boat is rigged/plumbed and Dustin can help solve.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Airking
VIP Member

What is the plumbing solution to get rid of the water pressure/ high intake charge temps on the 600 SCI ?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Default Stainless Marine's Solution

Originally Posted by Boater8987
What is the plumbing solution to get rid of the water pressure/ high intake charge temps on the 600 SCI ?
After trying everything suggested without success. I've returned my cooling system back to the standard Whipple Stage 2 configuration and installed the "Tall Super Sea Strainer" from Stainless Marine. I continue to only pick up water though the Sportmaster drive. This does require a new vent line to be installed. I have gone from constant alarms at 5000 rpm's to silence. At 5000 rpm's I now have 32psi.

http://www.stainlessmarine.com/index...id=43&Itemid=1

Good luck, hope this will work as well for you as it has for me. The aerated water I pick up was definately the problem.

One thing to be careful with. This unit is large, I wanted it that way. The larger the volume of clean water, the longer you can run without issues if the intake is surfacing from time to time (rough water conditions). I had the installation bracket positioned at the factory to suit where my unit was being installed against a stringer. If I hadn't measured and had this done custom, mine would not have fit.

Fearless010 (Peter)

Last edited by Fearless010; 11-14-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Additional info added.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Dustin did mine thru Brian at Fountain, ended up with stage 2 kit, had to enlarge holes at drive for a little more water pressure but other than that run's flawless. Very happy with results.

Joe
Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Dustin did mine thru Brian at Fountain, ended up with stage 2 kit, had to enlarge holes at drive for a little more water pressure but other than that run's flawless. Very happy with results.

Joe
What drives do you have?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fearless010
What drives do you have?
scx uppers with sc lowers