Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
ocean marine a/c unit wiring diagram needed please HELP! >

ocean marine a/c unit wiring diagram needed please HELP!

Notices

ocean marine a/c unit wiring diagram needed please HELP!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ocean marine a/c unit wiring diagram needed please HELP!

i have a ocean marine a/c unit on my boat which isnt blowing cold air. I think the compressor isnt running. But would like to check wiring. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or could explain how the compressor runs. It looks like there is 3 or 4 wires going to it. It does have a/c and heat. part number is
scl5012.or
Old 07-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well hate to be the bearer of bad news....been seeing/hearing about those things being junk..not sure if they are still in business...there should be a reset box somewhere that has a reset button on it...my mermaids do, assuming the fan comes on and compressor does not ? there is 1 wire from thermostat that tells compressor to start, not sure the color on yours....also has a low freon safety switch that will not le it run if freon gets low..what style thermostat do you have ?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

style? um..it has a few opitions on it, like cool, heat, auto, vaction. Shows the fan speed but you can not change the speed only temp. Its like a black unit i believe. I had a LPF warning coming on but it was a wire that came off the low pressure sensor. So after fixing that it runs but no compressor and the charge is not low anymore. Do you know where the reset button is? Id like to get it running before buying a new complete system $$$$
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Try these guys. They usualy have parts for alot of marine a/c units.

Aqua-Air Manufacturing division of the James D. Nall Co., Inc.
1050 East 9th Street, Hialeah, Florida 33010
Phone: 305-884-8363
National: 800-328-1043
Fax: 305-883-8549
Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Also tes the capacitor to make sure it is not bad. This would also cause your problem. Readilty available at Grainger or MSC
Old 07-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered

Is the comPressor just a 2 wire motor?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they have 2 different thermostats on those electronic which sounds like what you have or the old style 3 knob style, yes comprssor should be just 2 wires, did you try contacting them or are gone ? google wiring dia might find one somewhere online...not sure where they would have put their reset..or if they ommitted it ?? most all use one to protect the compressor if get no cooling water to it..
Old 07-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered

ya, im going to try to jump it today, or at least check the voltage going to it with a dvm, since its a 115v system i dont really feel as good about jumping it like a 12v system.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock3
ya, im going to try to jump it today, or at least check the voltage going to it with a dvm, since its a 115v system i dont really feel as good about jumping it like a 12v system.
i'm no airco expert but i just got done fixing two refrigerators that got salt water damaged. the compressors are sealed units but these ( and others i have seen have a small two stage " starter" deal. one side is the capacitor start and the other side is a motor protector... a thermal fuse sort of deal. small little black things attached w/ a little bracket right on the compressor generally. they have numbers on them and they are cheap and generic... not manufacturer specific most of the time. punch the numbers into google and some supplier somewhere will show up. only a couple things make the compressor not start...

low charge pressure... and you say thats ok and no thermostat demand signal. if both of those are present, then i would check the starter/protector deal before i went much further.
the ones for mt 2500 $ frig were 18 bucks for the pair.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered

Ok found some wires that came unplugged. Co
Pressor doesn't seem like it runs. Just gets really really hot. I believe the compressor is locked up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.