intake manifolds >

intake manifolds

Notices

intake manifolds

Old 08-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake manifolds

i'm curious. there is a thread here started by bobl. he has produced a wonderful piece of fabrication of an intake maniforld for his big block that, by the results , works great.

i look at it and it essentially stacks the inlet tracts which i know, as a matter of fact is a great idea and has always worked well... but KINSLER has been making these injection manifolds for years that do exactly that. they were on all the V6 buick motors in IMSA and everywhere else and they work great. i would post a picture if i could figure out how... but all you have to do is dial up KINSLER on google and there they are... and yet i don't see anyone in the marine industry using this stuff. and it is terrific stuff...

now the vast majority of it is a mag alloy which salt water doesn't really like but you can work around that with coatings paint and maintainence ...

but nobody runs this stuff ... why ?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:31 AM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

We've run EFI modified tunnel rams for years, Kinsler's been at it for about 40, here's the link, http://www.kinsler.com/page--HandbookCatalog--2.html