cheap prop vs expensive prop >

cheap prop vs expensive prop

Notices

cheap prop vs expensive prop

Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I wanted to change from a 21" Mirage to somethnig with a lower pitch and smaller blades I searched E-Bay and found a brand new, in thel box, 19" Laser II. Paid 200.00 for a 500.00 prop. It took a little time searching but I found what I wanted.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This place has the thunderbolt for $349 brand new. I assume this is the older style mirage and not the "plus". A mirage plus used is about the same price give or take.

http://www.pbsboatstore.com/quicksil...-propeller.htm
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered

Just bought a (1992 Celebrity 2000 bowrider)
4.3LX

Had a factory 19" prop quicksilver. Picked up, handled outstanding. Only problem was I had low rpm vibrations. I went to a prop dealership and showed them my prop. After discussing my different options I decide to go with an apollo 21" stainless st

My factory prop was stainless steel as well but a 19" and a solid hub.
(Output from this prop is 45mph-4800rpm. Steering is solid and very responsive in excel ing.)

This new apollo is stainless steel 21" removable hub
(This prop gave me terrible results.. I was interested in more speed. 4200rpm-40mph. And that was with a full load. So I decide to cut the load in half and see how it handled. Same results.

I am returning the prop tomorrow and possibly going with the Mirage Thunderbolt. Any suggestions?

I want to keep great control, handleing and hole shot. I was only trying to get more speed. But after testing out this apollo prop I am not knowing what to do. I don't want to play this prop game.

I've done some looking on line about the prop I am using now and it seams that this prop is not made anymore. But it was with the Mirage line up. So my thinking is if I get the thunderbolt prop with the same pitch as my current prop will it give me the same results? Is there a difference in prop performance from solid hub or removable hub design.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Oh, and the weight of my boat is 2850. So kind of heavy but solid boat.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Registered

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You might try adding a little cup to the tips of your 19p, sounds like 21p is too much prop. Labbing what you have might give you the results your looking for. With all stock engine & drive your limited in what you can do. Brett & Brad @ BBlades are good people, give them a call. Randy