87' Tahiti Warrior II >

87' Tahiti Warrior II

Notices

87' Tahiti Warrior II

Old 08-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87' Tahiti Warrior II

I recently purchased a 24' 1987 Tahiti Warrior II, 454 Mag with the hour meter reading 354 hours. I haven't be able to find much information through internet research for this boat. I do believe this boat was manufactured by Hardin marine in California. So, I figured a post here might reveal some useful information about the boat. If anyone has information pertaining to quality, performance, history, or anything else, please share. I appreciate all the knowledge and experience members of this forum share. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Could anyone point me in a direction where I can find information about this Tahiti Warrior II?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 AM
sac
Registered

I worked at Hardin marine in 1987 and did the quality control checks on the boats,we did not build many of those as I recall, we also built a 28 for Vic Hardin that year.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

Thanks for the response. The boat I have seems to have been taken pretty good care of. It is close to how she rolled of the line, from what i'm told by the previous owner. The only changes that I am aware of right now are hull paint, cam, carb, and outdrive. The bravo unit was replaced last year. The engine hatch has been reworked also. Do you know if this boat originally came with trim tabs?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

Would anyone know where I may be able to find magazine test reports, factory brochures, or any other type of literature on these boats. I found a piece of a test report from boating magazine, but there is no information concerning published year or month. The report piece is pretty destroyed as it was stuck inside some paperwork I was given with the boat. Someone said they made these boats for around 5 years, so I'm not even sure this report I found is for the 1987.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had an 88 tahiti warrior. I don't have any specs on it but if you have any questions I can try to answer.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

Well, since I am starting with close to knowing nothing about this boat design and its manufacturers reputation, do you recall your personal pros and cons with the boat? Thank you!!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
sac
Registered

we put dual ram Bennet trim tabs on those.Dave Wood and Tim Fox also worked there, I saw Tim at Mercruiser school a few years ago, he was in Oregon last time I talked to him.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

She still wears the bennett dual ram trim tabs.

Now I'll ask a question that I'm sure the answer will be, "you're screwed", but i'll ask anyway. The docking light covers for the boat are shot, would anyone know of wear I can get a pair? Or, get a pair or two made for a reasonable price? I can't even find the brand name for the ones that are on the tahiti now, which appears to be original. All docking lights I've came accross are smaller and I want to avoid fiberglass work, if possible. One of the covers is in good enough shape that a CMM could reverse engineer it.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered

Anyone have a suggestion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.