what to do to get more speed ? >

what to do to get more speed ?

Notices

what to do to get more speed ?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I have a 2000 27 Advantage mid cabin. Mine with the original 454mag would run 54 mph. I dropped in a 575hp 540 looking for 70 mph and came up way short. It will now run 63mph. Gained 9mph by adding 190 hp. I have purchased an XR upper and -2 Imco lower, but have not installed them yet. From speeking with other Victory owners, i expect it will pick up considerably with the outdrive swap. I am also running the stock 454MPI intake and plan on swapping it out this winter. I am sure it is costing me lots of hp and rpm. I think with these 2 changes i will get to 70, but you never know.

On my engine I just could not find the room to add a procharger. I only have 1" between the crankshaft pulley and the back of the seat. Would have had to completely redo the seat and engine cover to install one. Yours may or may not be the same.

Good luck
i agree,the 454 intake is definitely costing you quite a bit of power...there's a couple of places that port/modify them for more air...with a goal of 575hp,i think you'd still be at the limit of that intake...got that info from eddie young a while ago