Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
need only 1-2 mph  quickly..(help) >

need only 1-2 mph quickly..(help)

Notices

need only 1-2 mph quickly..(help)

Old 10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Take off the flame arrestors. You might blow up but you will be a little faster.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitromethane
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Who makes good 5 bladed props without a second mortgage on the house. Spent the jack having my 30's labbed but really didn't see anything. or maybe I need to try someone else on the labwork.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
Who makes good 5 bladed props without a second mortgage on the house. Spent the jack having my 30's labbed but really didn't see anything. or maybe I need to try someone else on the labwork.
Cutting Edge 5 blades are great and the price is awesome!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly doubt you will gain speed with a 5 blade.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
I highly doubt you will gain speed with a 5 blade.
you would think if I could limit my slip numbers my speed should pick up. I'm around 17% now..and thats alot,
Old 10-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Registered

you would think if I could limit my slip numbers my speed should pick up. I'm around 17% now..and thats alot,
Yes, but there are other ways of reducing slip. I'm not saying it won't work for sure, it's deffinetly worth trying, as I said before. But it's on rare occasions that 5 blades give a speed increase on a setup like yours. I just can't get my head around the fact that the slip on that hull with B1 props can't be brought down. I know Bblades has labbed your prop, but have you talked to Brett about what else could be done. It might only need a little cupping. I think the hydro QIV and QIV-X could be interesting to try. Have you ever tried a set of non-labbed B1's in 30" and 32"? Then there is the last thing to try. Your friend has a set of 28's. You are both spinning the same rpm's and going equally fast. Try hes props as well. Something is apperantly working for him with the stock 28's.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 10-14-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Yes, but there are other ways of reducing slip. I'm not saying it won't work for sure, it's deffinetly worth trying, as I said before. But it's on rare occasions that 5 blades give a speed increase on a setup like yours. I just can't get my head around the fact that the slip on that hull with B1 props can't be brought down. I know Bblades has labbed your prop, but have you talked to Brett about what else could be done. It might only need a little cupping. I think the hydro QIV and QIV-X could be interesting to try. Have you ever tried a set of non-labbed B1's in 30" and 32"? Then there is the last thing to try. Your friend has a set of 28's. You are both spinning the same rpm's and going equally fast. Try hes props as well. Something is apperantly working for him with the stock 28's.
THe 30's were mine first and not labbed, once Brett labbed I gained about 1mph, the biggest issue was one was running about 200rpm higher or lowere pending which one your talking about. They were able to even them out. The slip is whats got me,, Guess I need to call again.
What gets me is when I put my back up bravo-1 28's on I run about the same just higher RPM,,Thought about having those labbed and adjusted up.. but hate to dump the bucks in it and not do anything..Just getting my slip down to 13% would be great could put me at 75-76
Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered

here's the deal OSO bro's.. ME and a buddy both have Formula 312 fastech's his all stock 502 mag mpi's, 28 bravo-1 5100-5200rpm
,mine 454 mag mpi's. I run labbed 30 Bravo-1's, Offhore exhaust w/ss risres and a tweeked just a little ECM and vorteck breather. 5100-5200rpm We ran each other twice at Norris lake TN in 49deg weather and were dead even at 73mph, dead even. he had 2 people I had 3.. How can I gain just a little to pass him..? In theroy I should be beating him with the 30's but I'm not, I know you all know some tricks?
Help an OSO brother out,,,
Here's a current thread where a guy picked-up 2/3 mph that you may want to look into. Seems kinda off the wall to me, but it won't hurt to read it.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-skeguard.html
Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Nose cones will smooth the flow of water to the drives and lower the slip a few percent. However, lowering your rpm's may slow the boat down. Hard to tell without trying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.