Dominator on a Whipple >

Dominator on a Whipple

Notices

Dominator on a Whipple

Old 06-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dominator on a Whipple

I have performed a search trying to get a starting point on the jetting and power valve for a 1050 Dominator on a whipple but did not find any with this application. I have 525sc's that I removed the small blowers and installed whipples. The boat runs great once it gets going but loads up at idle, as I have read most due. I set the floats but they still would load up. I removed them today and found alot of chalk and debris inside. The jets in the one have been drilled and I am not sure of the other. They backfired due to water in the tank on first start up. I would like to know if any one else has this setup and if so what jets and pv are they running? If I thought I would get them back right away I would send them out. Thanks, Paul
Old 06-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont know if it will help youre problem or not but...Power valves tend to self destruct after "backfires" .Might wanna check em
Old 06-11-2002, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that carb is too big for your application. Give Dustin or Art at Whipple a call and get their recommendation on proper carb size. Did you know that a draw through supercharger can pull over 1000 cfm thru an 850 carb? I have a similar setup and I run an 825 carb. If you have a problem at idle try drilling holes in the butterflies. Check the board there is a post out here right now on this subject.

Dave