Gauges (replacement) >

Gauges (replacement)

Notices

Gauges (replacement)

Old 11-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges (replacement)

Anybody know if Gaffrig gauges can be replaced with Livorsi plug in play using same connectors or are the connectors all different?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

The plug and play connections are new. The older style gauges use ring terminal ends. You will have to cut off the old ring ends and splice in the new plugs.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

If your looking at replacing everything, look at autometer gauges. I updated my dash with Livorsi a few years ago and have not been happy with them. The silver carbon face is fading, needles are fading, the I've had the bezel pop off on two of them. My boat is in Michigan so it only sees the sun for maybe 4 months and of that its under a cover unless I'm using it. Not impressed at all on the quality of Livorsi!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Thats interesting. I was actually looking at the livorsi because i want the silver carbon. I have white face gaffrig now. They are ok but the plastic face is all hazed and yellowing.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

im extremely happy with my Autometer marine gauges. and less than 1/2 price of livorsi
Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endeavour32
If your looking at replacing everything, look at autometer gauges. I updated my dash with Livorsi a few years ago and have not been happy with them. The silver carbon face is fading, needles are fading, the I've had the bezel pop off on two of them. My boat is in Michigan so it only sees the sun for maybe 4 months and of that its under a cover unless I'm using it. Not impressed at all on the quality of Livorsi!
This Livorsi gauges are Autometer gauges with Livorsi faceplates. I've got Livorsi in mine with no issues, but my boat doesn't see alot of weather. Livorsi will warranty your gauges if you send them back.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Registered

I'm going with Livorsi. They can't be worse than the gaffrig I have in there now. I don't want the standard black/white/carbon face. It's that silver carbon face that im looking for.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

very useful info Irish
Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by airshares
I'm going with Livorsi. They can't be worse than the gaffrig I have in there now.
your Gaffrig are most likely Livorsi...
Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
This Livorsi gauges are Autometer gauges with Livorsi faceplates. I've got Livorsi in mine with no issues, but my boat doesn't see alot of weather. Livorsi will warranty your gauges if you send them back.
I knew that Livorsi and Autometer were similar but I honestly thought that Autometer made Livorsi/Gaffrig as they're a much bigger company than Livorsi. Either way just because brand X makes brand B doesn't mean a whole lot as a company can spec a product differently. I know some of my Livorsi guages have glass lenses and some have plastic which are already getting the age cracks in them and they're only two years old and only in the sun when I'm using the boat. I've never owned Autometer products but I've heard from a few others on here that they better quality than Livorsi. Thank for the tip to send them in, I'm going to, two year old gauges should not be showing signs of age yet, at least not in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.