Quick winerize question >

Quick winerize question

Notices

Quick winerize question

Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

+1

I warm-up on water to open T-stat, drain water out, replace plugs and run about 5 gallons of anti-freeze that has a corrosion inhibitor and leave it in.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

to be safe,i always drain the system,then add antifreeze,i sleep beter knowing it is done right,i feel that just running af threw the system on a hose is like playing russian roulet.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank, (and everyone else) I did not drain it after warm up, just ran the 5 gallons (not diluted) straight through, I did this last year as well, on mine and my friends and didn't have a problem, but now I'm not feeling so confident n this

I also use the green stuff, straight, not the 50/50 mix.

Last edited by 007joe; 12-19-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 007joe
Frank, (and everyone else) I did not drain it after warm up, just ran the 5 gallons (not diluted) straight through, I did this last year as well, on mine and my friends and didn't have a problem, but now I'm not feeling so confident n this

Why use the green stuff and not the pink stuff?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you used the automotive stuff, you should be more than protected. Used to use the green too yrs ago, but just too much of a issue anymore. The cost of the RV stuff is cheap enough that you can run twice the amount thru and be fine, and not have to worry about catching it on startup.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

this year we drained the blocks completly (even started it for 5seconds with the plugs out to ensure it was empty). put the plugs back in and then run each motor for 5-10 minutes until warm using an antifreeze loop. at that point we change the oil, fuel filter, and fog it. we never drain the antifreeze back out. my 0.02.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
Why use the green stuff and not the pink stuff?
It's probably stupid, but I trust the green stuff better. I never had an automotive engine break with even the wrong mixture

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
If you used the automotive stuff, you should be more than protected. Used to use the green too yrs ago, but just too much of a issue anymore. The cost of the RV stuff is cheap enough that you can run twice the amount thru and be fine, and not have to worry about catching it on startup.
Thanks everyone for the replies, my buddy wants to leave it as is so we'll roll the dice again.

If I start a thread in April about a sprinkler in a buddys boat we all know what happened
Old 12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's probably stupid, but I trust the green stuff better. I never had an automotive engine break with even the wrong mixture

Thanks everyone for the replies, my buddy wants to leave it as is so we'll roll the dice again.

If I start a thread in April about a sprinkler in a buddys boat we all know what happened
I hope with green stuff your doing the first start up in your driveway and rinsing it down hard core.

Use the pink stuff fellas, better for everybody and cheaper. Taking out the plugs or leaving them, do what you want. The pink stuff is good till -30 so youll be fine.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

We run hose off the exhaust and collect 90% of what comes out, We do the first start-up in the same manner come spring, I hate anti-freeze in general so the neater it is the more i can deal with it.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I hope with green stuff your doing the first start up in your driveway and rinsing it down hard core.

Use the pink stuff fellas, better for everybody and cheaper. Taking out the plugs or leaving them, do what you want. The pink stuff is good till -30 so youll be fine.
the pink stuff we have is good to -100.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.