limor to 502 swap >

limor to 502 swap

Notices

limor to 502 swap

Old 12-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default limor to 502 swap

can anyone tell me if theres a problem doing this .A freind of mine is looking at a38 fountain non stagered that had ilmores is the x dimention the same for these motors and bellhouseings wiringharness plug motor mounts ect.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

I don't believe they're the same, but if he's gonna change them out, I may be interested in the Ilmors. Let me know what year, hours and whatnot.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
I don't believe they're the same, but if he's gonna change them out, I may be interested in the Ilmors. Let me know what year, hours and whatnot.
the sellers keeping the ilmores,whats the diffences ,my going to see the boat mon.I dont want to get into a mess. He wants to install 502 procharged motors fully dressed with motor mounts an all
Old 12-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

The Ilmors I know are a lot lower profile, so I'm almost positive the exhaust holes will have to be moved and I believe the motor mounts are different. Your best bet would be contact Ian at Ilmor, ilmordude on here.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

the exhaust holes can be plugged and moved,on a side by side set up with BBC just make sure the crankshaft center line from port to starboard engine is 34 1/2 ''..measure this at the gimbal bearings or if he put the drives on you can get a better reading at the drives input shafts..more is ok but less the exhaust manifolds will rub...
Old 12-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

If this is the one down on Lake Cumberland, i have talked to the owner. this boat had Merc power originally and the Ilmor exhaust was modified to fit. the 502s should drop right in
Old 12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
If this is the one down on Lake Cumberland, i have talked to the owner. this boat had Merc power originally and the Ilmor exhaust was modified to fit. the 502s should drop right in
yes its the one in cumberlin lake