Formula hull diff. than Fountain hull >

Formula hull diff. than Fountain hull

Notices

Formula hull diff. than Fountain hull

Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula hull diff. than Fountain hull

Was wondering if there is a huge difference in hulls. The reason why is I was going to buy a Myco trailer that had an older 41' Formula on it. I've got an older 42' Fountain. Will my boat sit on this different trailer??
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

You're always better off with a trailer built for and / or adjusted to a specific hull. So the thing you need to look into is whether or not the trailer can be adjusted to fit your Fountain - which is a different hull design. Remember, you can do a good deal of damage to both the trailer and your hull if they're not matched up. We're talking well over 10,000 pounds here.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

They are different bottom designs. The Fountain has a pad on the bottom, the formula does not. So whatever supports the keel will be different, along with the location of the lifting strakes. You want your trailer to support the boat properly. Chances are, if its a custom built steel trailer for a 41 Formula, you'd probably have to make extensive changes to it to support the fountain properly.