Thermostat housing? >

Thermostat housing?

Notices

Thermostat housing?

Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thermostat housing?

Im thinking of removing my crossover on my hp500. had isssues with temp flucuating with t-stat in and not getting enough heat and getting condensation in my oil when i removed and tried to run restrictors instead of a t-stat.
Im looking for a new T-stat housing, Found a stainless steel one from sierra and was wandering how it will work? I dont want to use the factory one. I have lighting headers so i dont have the hoses going to the risers anymore.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Registered

Default thermostat housing

Originally Posted by floyd7811 View Post
Im thinking of removing my crossover on my hp500. had isssues with temp flucuating with t-stat in and not getting enough heat and getting condensation in my oil when i removed and tried to run restrictors instead of a t-stat.
Im looking for a new T-stat housing, Found a stainless steel one from sierra and was wandering how it will work? I dont want to use the factory one. I have lighting headers so i dont have the hoses going to the risers anymore.

I've got a s.s. thermostat housing from Cp performance that I'm not using anymore because I'm going to be putting a new motor in my boat in the spring time and switched from n/a to blown. I'm not sure exactly your looking for but if you go to the swap shop I just moved the listing for my intake to the top and you can see a pic of the housing. Look for "b&m 250 crank pulleys and 1000cfm 4150 carb". It's less than a year old.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

use one of the aftermarket ones with a fitting and run a by-pass w/140 stat, make sure crossover has bypass fitting as well...ran my HP500 like that worked great...
Old 01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 658 Posts

Diamond Performance
http://www.diamondperformanceparts.c...253&bestseller
Old 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

im pretty sure you have to have a bypass when you run a t stat with a cross over tube.......that may be a problem if you dont have a bypass installed.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

It has a bypass. Tried different t-stats with different holes drilled in it. It was fine at idle but when i would get on plane the temp would drop and then spike up. The cold water from the bypass would cause the t-stat to close. I capped off the bypass and tried using restrictors.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered

Griff. thats the one i was lookin at but wanted to know if anyone had any issues with it.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Have you considered staying without the water stat, and adding a oil thermostat?