Bravo 1 or Speedmaster A >

Bravo 1 or Speedmaster A

Notices

Bravo 1 or Speedmaster A

Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 or Speedmaster A

I have a delema. I have a bravo and an opprotunity to get a Speedmaster 3A for my project. I decided to keep my 1989 Warlock 24' Euro. It had a bravo 1 drive with a nose cone. I need help pros and cons. Need some advice on which one to go with. I will be runnig a BBC. Not sure which one. Any help and advice and opinions are welcome.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered

I'd stick with the Bravo. LOTS of work to change to the 3A including new transom cutout and moving the engine forward to fit a ~15" long transmission. Bravo is upgradeable using the same transom opening.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

Default upgrades

Originally Posted by bustedbrick
I'd stick with the Bravo. LOTS of work to change to the 3A including new transom cutout and moving the engine forward to fit a ~15" long transmission. Bravo is upgradeable using the same transom opening.
What kind of upgrades? I am told the 3a is bulletproof. Canyou upgrade a bravo to make it tougher or what?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 682gold
What kind of upgrades? I am told the 3a is bulletproof. Canyou upgrade a bravo to make it tougher or what?
Nothing is bulletproof. The Bravo is in any shape or form not bullet proof for sure though. Personally I'd run anything but, Bravos suck. The IIIa is in just about all aspects stonger and better than the B1, no comparison there. Which kind of space do you have for installing your motor and which kind of x-dimension can you get? If running a SSMIIIA you deffinetly want to surface your porp.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

I have a delema. I have a bravo and an opprotunity to get a Speedmaster 3A for my project. I decided to keep my 1989 Warlock 24' Euro. It had a bravo 1 drive with a nose cone. I need help pros and cons. Need some advice on which one to go with. I will be runnig a BBC. Not sure which one. Any help and advice and opinions are welcome.
I looked into doing this a few years back and shelved because of all the work it would take. You will spend more on doing than you Piaf for the boat. The euro is pretty light. A bravo will work and can be made to handle power. Find a good 1x. If
You wanna go all out but a shorty on it. Don't drive it like a wakeboard boat and keep revs under 6k.
With the bravo you can parts and props easy. Ssm3 not so easy and props are very expensive.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Default 1x

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
I looked into doing this a few years back and shelved because of all the work it would take. You will spend more on doing than you Piaf for the boat. The euro is pretty light. A bravo will work and can be made to handle power. Find a good 1x. If
You wanna go all out but a shorty on it. Don't drive it like a wakeboard boat and keep revs under 6k.
With the bravo you can parts and props easy. Ssm3 not so easy and props are very expensive.
What is a 1X?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

What is a 1X?
It's a beefed up bravo 1. They use a lot of the xr parts. It has the thicker floors, better shafts,xr yoke seal and a lot of other good stuff. It does not use the xr rock crusher gears which have actually become the weak point of an xr.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Cool

If you can do the work yourself you will be money ahead in the end. a couple broken drives or props lost and you will understand why there is NO comparison to having a speedy. Good luck with your project and check that 3a out well before purchasing.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

You said a big bock of some sort HOW BIG is the question! The bravo will work fine,not bullet proof but!You can go just as fast with a little less horspower than the 3a.The speedy takes a little more power to turn.And parts are hard to find when you need them.Props are not cheap and not as plentiful like bravo 1's.And do to the fact of a short light boat will the hull preform well with the shift foward in weight.Study long before spending hard earned money,you know! it works with a bravo,and you can always beef it up if you have problems.Just my 2 cents JOHN SR
Old 02-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

3A parts are around. Gears are still being manufactured. Seals and bearings are nothing exotic. Props a bit more money, but still can sometimes be found reasonable.Bravo and 3A not even in the same league. MUCH stronger drive, and much stronger gimbal ring and what not. If you plan on running some big power, go for the 3A. As long as the engine is reliable, you'll be boating and not breaking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.