Notices

540 Issues

Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Then you shouldn't say anything at all. Posting with a "top secret source" is posting nothing but rumors and/or hearsay.

I don't have a "problem with it", it just makes you lose all credibility in my opinion(and probably many others).
and we are all entitled to have an opinion
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
my guess is you may have had a bad experiance with a builder somewhear along the line.im not saying that a builder cant make a mistake,i am still not sure what mr schmidt was trying to do,and at this point,i dont care,we all have the right to think what we want,as i said,im done with this thread,carry on.
Done. Really?

Last edited by bulletbob; 02-29-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
and we are all entitled to have an opinion
2:08 hours later and he's still going. Take your meds Ticktack.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
2:08 hours later and he's still going. Take your meds Ticktack.
bob,you can tell time
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I wonder if the engines were run with water in the oil for 20 hours???
Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to post this without having read the last probably 30-40 posts, just for the fact they are of no interest to me. Next – I contacted Dean how I saw fit (in writing), and wanted the same back. I have the history with them, a lot more than most, and I choose not to send anything back there based on past experience. MY CHOICE! I did not ask for anything from him, I don’t want anything from him. For the record again, there was no catastrophic failure and no blow up.

Sad truth, but this thread is more the norm, than exception of how things happen here. It doesn’t matter what, or how, or when it was posted…the outcome was going to be the same because that is what people here want.

I actually thought some people would care about a very interesting situation. To me this was very unique, and may have been that one-in-a-million fluke. This had me very perplexed and intrigued to find a/some reason(s) as to what was going on. I did learn a lot talking to people, I never thought I would talk to, along with some experts that saw this and did their own research and passed additional avenues on to me. Really interesting is we are still doing research and talking to different people (even the guy from the grinding chamfers video), because there are so many variables in many different aspects of HP engine building…I can’t find anybody to be 100% wrong, or 100% right. There are as many variables and possibilities as there are people to ask. The one thing I do know is there is not one single thing wrong enough (a smoking gun) – it seems I had the perfect storm – probably just the right combination of something. A real shame bad past experience won’t allow a different positive outcome.

All real facts and knowledge seems to be lost her; because it seems no matter what, people want their opinions to be right, and even try to force facts to match (name calling begin). The others just keep pushing and pushing for the confrontation, and the drama of a fight and argument (even make up outright lies about super top secret tweaker information). It seems it is impossible to have any kind of healthy debate, and pass good information back and forth and CHALLENGE each other to learn and gain any knowledge, and certainly not accept anything outside box.
If someone has genuine questions I don’t mind answering anything. I would have loved to share all these different professionals’ facts, theories and information here, but it falls on deaf ears. Again the information I posted is correct as far as dimensional data, and operating data – rigging was done by a professional in Cleveland.
You know the saddest part of the WHOLE experience…another boater who really doesn’t enjoy boating anymore.
At least you all had a really good fight, not sure about what!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=yschmidt;3630100]You know the saddest part of the WHOLE experience…another boater who really doesn’t enjoy boating anymore.
QUOTE]

Yankee, I don't think anyone here truly wants to see you have these problems. There was alot of stuff posted here that got carried away, including some of my posts.

So, why don't we get past the finger pointing, name calling, sarcasm, etc, and get back to the problem, finding out why it happened, and getting your boat back in the water. Once it is back in and running well, as crazy as it sounds now, it will all be behind you and you'll be a happy boater. Why don't you post up some pics of your boat. From what I remember its a pretty awesome looking Bullet! That should turn this thread around for the positive.

So we know you choose not to deal with Dean Gellner, based on your choice. So whats the new direction? Gameplan?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Registered

+1....I have very lilttle exp in any mechanical applications but I do enjoy learning and reading esp when something so off the wall can happen & yankey as mentioned maybe it was multiple factors. So wahts the next step & let see a pic of that bullet

[QUOTE=MILD THUNDER;3630181]
Originally Posted by yschmidt
You know the saddest part of the WHOLE experience…another boater who really doesn’t enjoy boating anymore.
QUOTE]

Yankee, I don't think anyone here truly wants to see you have these problems. There was alot of stuff posted here that got carried away, including some of my posts.

So, why don't we get past the finger pointing, name calling, sarcasm, etc, and get back to the problem, finding out why it happened, and getting your boat back in the water. Once it is back in and running well, as crazy as it sounds now, it will all be behind you and you'll be a happy boater. Why don't you post up some pics of your boat. From what I remember its a pretty awesome looking Bullet! That should turn this thread around for the positive.

So we know you choose not to deal with Dean Gellner, based on your choice. So whats the new direction? Gameplan?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1+ I have been following this thread because I am interested in what caused your engine failure. All the BS got annoying. I had the rebuilt engine in my boat blow two weeks after I bought it. I built my new engine myself (only 400HP) and has been running great. I have now have been bitten by the HP bug and want to build a new 500-600HP engine. I like threads like this because they have valuble information that people can use. I did most of my research for the engine I built from threads on here.

[QUOTE=paintman;3631474]+1....I have very lilttle exp in any mechanical applications but I do enjoy learning and reading esp when something so off the wall can happen & yankey as mentioned maybe it was multiple factors. So wahts the next step & let see a pic of that bullet

Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Sunrocket24;3631632]1+ I have been following this thread because I am interested in what caused your engine failure. All the BS got annoying. I had the rebuilt engine in my boat blow two weeks after I bought it. I built my new engine myself (only 400HP) and has been running great. I have now have been bitten by the HP bug and want to build a new 500-600HP engine. I like threads like this because they have valuble information that people can use. I did most of my research for the engine I built from threads on here.

Originally Posted by paintman
+1....I have very lilttle exp in any mechanical applications but I do enjoy learning and reading esp when something so off the wall can happen & yankey as mentioned maybe it was multiple factors. So wahts the next step & let see a pic of that bullet

what valuable information ?

he reported all the mechanical specifications at teardown as within specification and tolerance.

he reported perfect temperatures and pressures while it was running.

he reported no performance issues and i'm not sure , unless i missed it somewhere, why he did the leakdown in the first place.

the assembly was done by a top flight professional and the owner reports not only standard maintainence but what some might consider excessive maintainence.

in spite of all that, the bearings are scrap as are a lot of other parts apparently.

i have not read a single definite identification of cause.

i have not read anything from anyone that has actually touched the parts that says " this is what i found that is wrong and with this wrong it was the proximate cause for the failure" or anything that even approaches that.

as i said 20 pages ago... nothing happens for no reason. and the chances of these " 8 things going wrong simultaneously" explanations are simply ridiculous. maybe a motor put together by a complete unskilled novice may have a several things done badly but not a well trained and well experienced professional.

so my advice would be to be quite careful what you think you are learning from this thread. i read it full of voodoo and folklore and space alien reasoning and seriously short of clinical and objective scientific analysis and conclusion.

it is also my personal opinion that there is some pretty important data missing from the time the motor left the builder to when it appeared in photo's here... but thats just my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.