Notices

Vinyl Wraps

Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinyl Wraps

I have always looked to offset my toys from the others some how some way... I have been tinkering with the idea of vinyl wraps. My boat is small, 21+ft Baja Hammer and would like to find someone who is reasonable in printing of the material. I plan on installing it myself as I have dont a few much smaller projects but think Im capable of doing my boat. So, anyone know of anyone who would cut a great price if I were to supply the design idea/image and who can print and ship materials / or can pickup if in West central FL area. Have checked local & some places are just insane with their prices!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Ive been wondering about wraps myself, ill bet "insane" is pretty much the norm. but if i were you i would stay local so you can be there to give one on one instructions. once its printed and shipped and something is wrong i think you are pretty much screwed. jmo...
Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Registered

There is a place in Nederland, TX.
I have seen some of their wraps on boats.
www.showtimesigns.net

In my opinion, they look cheap. I think wraps are great for advertisement purposes. They tear and can't really be fixed. Also, you don't get that really deep wax shine. I would not do it unless your boat really looks bad and you can't afford to paint it or re gel coat it. You would be better off painting it a solid color.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Registered

I have seen some cheap wraps..usually on car & trucks around town but I have seen some amazing wraps to... that give a nice gloss appearance. I think it all depends on the quality of materials used and of course that will reflect in the cost.
My boat is in great shape and really nothing wrong with the outside...just like to be one off from the rest plus I plan on giving my boat a name and would like it integrated into the vinyl graphics. They are not damage proof and extra care is needed to keep them nice (dock rub, bumper rub, other boat rub from tying up etc).
I also agree that local would probably be best. I know the install rate seems to be a big factor in pricing....
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

You should contact Ryan Beckley here on the boards. I believe he is in Sarasota, Florida and did an amazing job on my 32 Skater
Old 03-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can give you first hand advice. Its DEFINITELY worth doing! Vinyl will transform your boat and its not that expensive to do. What I liked most was the fact that you can do anything you want without any increase in price (design..colors etc). Find the best $50k mitcher t paint job and they can dupilicate it for pennies on the dollar.
I used Raceline in Canada and for $1300 and they printed and shipped my vinyl. I paid a local vinyl shop $650 to install it because I didnt want bubbles and was also worried that if I screwed up the install that I would have just wasted alot of money! So, I ended up paying about $2000 for a 26 foot boat to be transformed. IMO it was money well spent.

http://www.racelinedigital.com/store...index&cPath=89

This was my boat before:

And this is after:

Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Registered

Powerquest, that looks awsome! what a difference!!! Seeing yours deff makes me think more and more about getting mine done. Took yrs off your boat!
Thanks for the info guys...maybe we can have eveyone who has had their boats wrapped post up pics?!!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Big supporter of the wraps! As said before the quality of the material makes a big difference in the end product. Over the past 5 years this technology has really matured and this is evident if you look at a well designed wrap printed on the right material and installed by the right person!

I plan to do a partial wrap on my scarab in the next 2 months. I finished the design and I am in the process of de-rigging the boat in preparation.

Here are a few of my other toys I have done wraps/full color graphics on and a rendering of the scarab.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

1st off the correct material is not cheap...nor is the printers and the ink to print and the lamanate you need as well..next if you have never done anything even close to a wrap..good luck..send pics when you are done, there's a reason they are not cheap...maybe you want to get a few cases of krylon and go at it ?? just a thought...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I agree with ezstripper. Installing a wrap on a boat is not going to be easy. Not only do you need to know what your doing, but so do the people that are helping you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.