604 CI Idle speed >

604 CI Idle speed

Notices

604 CI Idle speed

Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 604 CI Idle speed

I am setting my new motors idle is there a standard for EFI setups? 800RPM? Also how much will this drop once its in gear or under a load?-200? Thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

if your idle is set to 800 on an efi, it should remain there under load too. if not, your idle air hole isn't big enough and the iac is not doing it's job properly
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Your camshaft spec. , overall build spec. and exhaust layout will have more to do with how the idle will set up best versus your cubic inches. Without that info its kinda hard to give an idea or recommendation.

Best Regards,
Ray@ Raylar
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Raylar
Your camshaft spec. , overall build spec. and exhaust layout will have more to do with how the idle will set up best versus your cubic inches. Without that info its kinda hard to give an idea or recommendation.

Best Regards,
Ray@ Raylar

+1

What controller are you using Ken? There are some easy tuning tips to help stabilize idle speed in gear and out. Post some more info when you get a chance.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered

Ok I was wondering more about the idle drop but I guess with EFI I will not have any. I have not put it into the water. I am currently around 900 to 1000 on my trailer.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ken sampson
Ok I was wondering more about the idle drop but I guess with EFI I will not have any. I have not put it into the water. I am currently around 900 to 1000 on my trailer.
Thanks
It depends on how it's set up, it shouldn't drop much and then stabilize very quickly. Also, was 900-1000 cold or warm? it should come down a bit as it gets to operating temp too. Your engines are quite mild so I would expect they could idle down a bit lower if desired.