Originally Posted by Pure Energy
JC Performance did a great job rebuilding my 540. No lawsuit here
Yet
Old 09-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ??mrd Engines??

Call Jeff (JC Performance)

He is the man when it comes to the big Blower mills...
Kendall you still need one too!!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Do i know you?
yeah

ditto for me???????????
Old 09-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jeff is great to deal with.. with every rebuild comes a free reach around....
Old 09-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Registered

I had MRD build 3 540 cubic inch engines for my boat. They make 650 HP each. These engines run and idle perfectly and never stall when docking. I would highly recommend MRD. Also there rigging is second to none plus Skip is honest and a real gentleman to do business with.
Attached Thumbnails ??mrd Engines??-scan0002_001.jpg  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 40hustler
I had MRD build 3 540 cubic inch engines for my boat. They make 650 HP each. These engines run and idle perfectly and never stall when docking. I would highly recommend MRD. Also there rigging is second to none plus Skip is honest and a real gentleman to do business with.
Don't claim to know a thing about their engines, but I drove to MRD from VA to look at a 1990 Formula 272 that Skip was selling. He did tell me he usually doesn't sell boats but ended up with this one in a deal he put together.
Once I got there the boat was significantly mis-represented and the price went up $6,000. This after I spoke with him the day before my trip to confirm the details. When I inquired about some of the strange items on the boat I got BS answers.
Anyone ever hear of putting an aluminum "skeg-guard" with a 1 inch wide "T" on the bottom for additional speed. Since the bottom of the boat had scratches covering the ENTIRE underwater surface I'm sure the skegs had taken a beating. Claimed the trailer was brand new, but the pics he put on the internet showed one wheel had been nearly removed from hitting something while towing. A mismatched fender was not tthe sign of a meticulous as he claimed.
Turns out a local bought that boat a few months later and I got to hear about all the work he had to do to get her running right.
My experience with Skip was much less than honest!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Don't claim to know a thing about their engines, but I drove to MRD from VA to look at a 1990 Formula 272 that Skip was selling. He did tell me he usually doesn't sell boats but ended up with this one in a deal he put together.
Once I got there the boat was significantly mis-represented and the price went up $6,000. This after I spoke with him the day before my trip to confirm the details. When I inquired about some of the strange items on the boat I got BS answers.
Anyone ever hear of putting an aluminum "skeg-guard" with a 1 inch wide "T" on the bottom for additional speed. Since the bottom of the boat had scratches covering the ENTIRE underwater surface I'm sure the skegs had taken a beating. Claimed the trailer was brand new, but the pics he put on the internet showed one wheel had been nearly removed from hitting something while towing. A mismatched fender was not tthe sign of a meticulous as he claimed.
Turns out a local bought that boat a few months later and I got to hear about all the work he had to do to get her running right.
My experience with Skip was much less than honest!
t500hps There are always two sides to a story. I'm sure Skip has better things to do with this time than misrepresent a 27 foot boat to you.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by caferacer
I have MRD engines, and i would not recomend them at all. They are less than honest, with seemingly NO integrity. They are no longer my engine builder...i was considering a lawsuit!!! but chose not to. If you want specifics email me and i`ll be glad to fill you in. In partial repayment i will put MRD SUCKS on my scoops in blood red letters. Thankx
TOM
caferacer It is easy to hide behind a computer screen bash a company. Again I'm sure there are two sides every story. I can't see Skip not trying to make a customer happy. Why the secret email?? Why not post your complaints.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 40hustler
t500hps There are always two sides to a story. I'm sure Skip has better things to do with this time than misrepresent a 27 foot boat to you.
Maybe that was his problem....he didn't spend much time with me at all.
He did say that he usually doesn't have used boats for sale. But I stressed that I was driving a long way (450 miles 1 way) and asked him for an accurate description. Instead of taking a few mintues to look, he told me what I wanted to hear. When I got there he claimed he didn't realize the boat was in the condition it was in. (of course the overnight price change didn't help things either.)
I got the impression my southern accent gave him the idea that I was a push-over. They had some serious hardware in the shop so he must have a decent following, but he lost my respect with how he handled my encounter.

Last edited by t500hps; 09-27-2005 at 03:41 PM.