Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
575 SCI upgrades >

575 SCI upgrades

Notices

575 SCI upgrades

Old 05-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Thanks everyone for the input. At rebuild time, I will go all out with a Whipple chiller, roller cam and good heads. For now, gonna put on a smaller pulley and run it this summer like it is.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the Whipple intercooler, Dart Pro1 heads and hyd. roller cam. Great set-up. 703hp 738 lbft torque on the dyno by Tyler Crockett. Turn key deal. Don't forget a real good sea strainer/filter for the intercooler, mine has a good stainless mesh filter type.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cruz-N-Thunder
I am doing the same thing except I ported the stock heads. I had SPR Performance go through the throttle bodies. Injectors are not a problem. Throttle body flow probably is. There are larger injectors available. This is his website http://www.tbiparts.com/. Let me know how yours turns out. I hope to dyno in the next 2 weeks.
what did he do to your throttle bodies?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Here is a ported dart head and cam swap that JimV did last winter. This is with the addition of Teflon strips to the 256 no intercoolers. And pulley'd up to 6PSI. Tyler did the tune on his dyno.
What size heads and cam did you use? that is a lot of power...
Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by triple 300s
What size heads and cam did you use? that is a lot of power...
The cam is similar maybe a little more aggressive than the 741.

The heads are a JimV's own hand port design head that Dart cast for him using their base 345 Pro1's. I believe they are about 330cc intake runners. I also run these on my NA 454's and will be adding B&M 250's next winter. Here are some pics of when Jim and I went to the foundry the day they cast them. It was a neat experience, something you don't get to do every day.
Attached Thumbnails 575 SCI upgrades-sand1.jpg   575 SCI upgrades-sand.jpg   575 SCI upgrades-port.jpg  

Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by triple 300s
what did he do to your throttle bodies?
He had the injectors cleaned, flowed, and made sure all were equal. Rebushed throttle shafts. Narrowed throttle shafts to flow more CFM. Tack welded blade screws. We could have went farther with the bodies and ported them but felt we would see how this worked.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cruz-N-Thunder
He had the injectors cleaned, flowed, and made sure all were equal. Rebushed throttle shafts. Narrowed throttle shafts to flow more CFM. Tack welded blade screws. We could have went farther with the bodies and ported them but felt we would see how this worked.
Sean did the throttle bodies on my 575's too. Great guy to work with & does an awesome job. I know this is an old thread, but I had to give a thumbs up to Sean & SPR. Great experience!