How much power am I going to lose??? >

How much power am I going to lose???

Notices

How much power am I going to lose???

Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
People come to these boards asking questions and are looking for guidance not bs and sarcasm.
There's alot of guys around here whose advice is much worse than what he just suggested, and they're not BSing or being sarcastic in the least. Just sayin...
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I don't know, I have read many of his posts and most are just like this.
People come to these boards asking questions and are looking for guidance not bs and sarcasm.

Any how Smitty, How are things going? The Baja all together and ready for another summer?

Jason
I dropped my new pistons off at machine shop this am and will start assemblinbg motor by end of the week, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 05-08-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry

If Bangingears post was a joke then this not funny or amusing. Expierenced people like myself come on here trying to help OSO members with real issues and problems, not to have some wise guy playing jokes on the technical forum. If this was a stupid joke post then I hope he is banned from the site. There are plenty on real boaters needing help on OSO and we should not have to put up with a smart ass!
Moderators, please read this post!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

ray,i think you misunderstood,the op came looking for some direction,then,as usuial, derikandkathy posts some ridiculas crap,then backpeddled when he gets called out.if you look at his post history,you will see a pattern,im pretty sure most people pay no attention to him.the problem i see is someday someone midht take his advice,and get hurt,or maybe killed.for the life of me,i cant understand why he would come on this forum,and tell someone to install car headers on a boat.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
ray,i think you misunderstood,the op came looking for some direction,then,as usuial, derikandkathy posts some ridiculas crap,then backpeddled when he gets called out.if you look at his post history,you will see a pattern,im pretty sure most people pay no attention to him.the problem i see is someday someone midht take his advice,and get hurt,or maybe killed.for the life of me,i cant understand why he would come on this forum,and tell someone to install car headers on a boat.
mike 4 diff guys-raylar included-said the same thing i said. the GLM version of stock 330 hp marine exhausts will probably destroy his engine. yet you spend 3 or 4 posts calling me an idiot. the upside down headers are illegal-dangerous-and would make the boat look like it belonged to larry the cable guy's stupid cousin. BUT they wouldn't destroy his engine. so yeah, he would be better off...by the way, explaining my statement so you get it isn't backpedalling.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 05-09-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Registered

ok, a question on this subject. is it even possible to cam a 540 mildly enough that it can put up with stock merc manifolds? i know you can beat the reversion issue, but a 540 is a very big air pump. the little hole on top of manifold where the riser goes is restrictive for my 350's. what is gonna happen when one trys to run a 540's air flow through there?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
mike 4 diff guys-raylar included-said the same thing i said. the GLM version of stock 330 hp marine exhausts will probably destroy his engine. yet you spend 3 or 4 posts calling me an idiot. the upside down headers are illegal-dangerous-and would make the boat look like it belonged to larry the cable guy's stupid cousin. BUT they wouldn't destroy his engine. so yeah, he would be better off...by the way, explaining my statement so you get it isn't backpedalling.
I'm not sure if I am talking to derek or kathy....either way here goes.

What Mike is saying does not reflect your response on this thread alone. You troll the entire site trying to make wise ass (what you assume is funny) comments. Sure, we all make jokes....your jokes are not funny, in fact some may be taken serious and lead people in the wrong direction.

Sure it is a free world, and a free site, but what you will find here is a brotherhood, a circle if you will. And right now my friend you are WAY outside that circle.

You don't have any fans here, please take your ball and go home....or back to the "hull truth" or something. I hear there is a guy over there asking for help changing the bellows on a Gen 1 alpha, he could use your smart ass advice
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
well i have reread every post on this thread,and i dont see where anybody else told him to put car headers on a boat,i dont remember calling you an idiot,but hey,if the shoe fits,the upside down headers wont destroy his engine,really,it will when the boat catches fire and burns to the waterline,do us all a favor,stop the ridiclious posts,you are not funny.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Registered

the expression "you might as well..." followed by something ridiculous is saying "your idea is as i bad as this idea." i don't think banginggears went out and bought headers to hang over the transom. that being said, i guess my remark was a little beyond what was necessary to get the point across. now, if he can't do an exhaust that this motor will put up with this year, is it possible to go with a cam that will let the motor survive the summer? or is the stock merc exhaust too restrictive for an engine of this displacement? or is this idea ridiculous also? and mike, next time you want to call me ridiculous, refer back to this post for the correct spelling.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

this is not a spelling b.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.