25 outlaw questions

Notices

25 outlaw questions

Old 05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 25 outlaw questions

Hi everyone, I am new to the form and have read lots of threads with great advice, I hoping for some help myself.

I recently bought a 25OL 675 sci with a bravo1.. I've been reading about drives and them failing due to lack of maintenance or just time for rebuild. I bought the boat in UT and live in TX and I'm having to make some adjustments due to the altitude difference.

At first I was getting to much boost ( over 5lbs ) changed to a bigger pulley and it helped a bit, currently running a 26 lab bravo prop, think I need a 28, rev limit set at 5450 but can't get to wot without building up to much boost.

Using redline heavy shock ( will be changing to bravo shops drive oil ) and running vr1 50 motor oil ( also will be chaining to neo ). I j
Know there is more to do like oil cooler but I know I'm also not thinking of everything..

Any info will be great, I don't a whole lot about big motors !

Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also would like to know what I need to keep an eye on, what is the best oil for the whipple 2.3l How often should I change fluid on all, doing 30 hrs on motor and drive, every season on whipple. I know there is more but l don't have enough experience on these big motors....

Thanks again for any help or advice
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ease on plane, chop throttle when comes out of water, will help....I run royal purple gear oil...over 700hp..but only a matter of time...
Old 05-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks, yeah I baby it out of the whole tabs about half down or a bit less, then ease into it, I can't hit wot due to boost going over 4lbs at about 4800-5000 rpms, might need a bigger pulley ad prop, hitting 70+ on gps it's has a lot more throttle. I'm not looking to live at those speeds but want to visit once in a while!