Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
full hyd hoses failing >

full hyd hoses failing

Notices

full hyd hoses failing

Old 07-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally understand, something is up with these hoses, Mike told me they been using the same american supplier for the last 9 years with no issues...now all of a sudden something is really wrong...and very dangerous...now CP has been great with me, I pulled all of the hose, not fun, had all new ones made with crimp on ends and they refunded me the cost(no labor) for them..hell I bet we spend $100 in GM non foaming fluid !!!!!but the new hoses seem to be doing fine.... the one that just blew did it peel off the top layer of the hose ? all 3 that I had did..
Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I totally understand, something is up with these hoses, Mike told me they been using the same american supplier for the last 9 years with no issues...now all of a sudden something is really wrong...and very dangerous...now CP has been great with me, I pulled all of the hose, not fun, had all new ones made with crimp on ends and they refunded me the cost(no labor) for them..hell I bet we spend $100 in GM non foaming fluid !!!!!but the new hoses seem to be doing fine.... the one that just blew did it peel off the top layer of the hose ? all 3 that I had did..
No it looked like it just pulled out of the fitting. At first I thought maybe I didnt have the hose seated deep enough in the fitting. Looking closely I can see the marks from the outside fittting at a full depth on the hose. Whats scary is not
5 minutes before it blew I was doing close to 90mph. I just removed all the hoses and getting new crimped on hoses made up. Unfortunatly no hydraulic houses in the area are open on the weekend. This effn sucks. I havent spoke with Hardin Marine yet.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you put a loop in the hose?? i usually do and never fun the hose tight..needs room for exlansion..
Old 07-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
did you put a loop in the hose?? i usually do and never fun the hose tight..needs room for exlansion..
I left the hoses plenty long enough, probably 10- 12 " looped on the side of the boat.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

none of the ones I did failed because of any stretching....
Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered

The hose shop told me that he has never seen fittings that were unmarked and he thought they should have had more threads to capture the hose. Hardin wants to see my hoses before they make any determination. I feel much better knowing the hoses now have crimp on ends.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i used parker lines and reusable fittings, the R6 stuff if i remember right. 75 bucks for 100 foot of brand new hose with free shipping and around 80 for the 7 reusable jic 37 fittings. been on for a month and still going good. just throwing that out there. i cant imagine blowing out a line at high speeds, the whole reason i installed the steering is for safety...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered

all my hoses have been returned...they paid for all the crimped hoses we had made...great customer service from CP...mike thanks !