I need some help guys my motor is not cooperating

Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A happy ending is aways nice -
Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I spoke too soon the shop said he ran it on the hose and had no codes on the Computer but a test under load says different. First off it sounds like a V6 very sloppy and takes alot of time to idle up to higher RPMs. I put it in the water Saturday with family and friends and sure enough it has no power. It stalled 3 times throughout the day and took forever to get on plane. The max RPM is only 3900 it will not go any higher and hardly wants to move.

More info on what has happened to my motor recently. We discovered the ECM was bad which was causing the high idle so the guy doing this work on my boat had a spare 5.7 Mag MPI MEFi 3 ECM which he sent out with mine to attempt to have them re-programmed and the 5.7 in case mine could not be fixed. As it turns out mine had a bad pin and would not take a new tune so he did my 6.2 tune on the 5.7 ECM. This fixed my high idle problem it idles fine now but it is hard starting it takes 4 seconds of cranking and I have to give it thottle. I guess I will be taking it back to the shop to see if any new codes have shown up.