blown up again (extension box)

Notices

blown up again (extension box)

Old 07-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
I agree that balancing is not likely the issue; however, DynoTech is where we have our driveshafts rebuilt and balanced in Detroit. Marc is right on. Once the X-dimension is set, re-align the engines to get the targeted driveshft angle. This is a good winter project!

[/url]
Spend the $25 each and balance them anyway. I thought the same thing till I went to a drive line shop. You would not believe it until you see it on the balance machine. Remember, they may be spinning up to 5500 RPM
Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I remember chatting with my buddy Rob about this a while ago so while greasing my drive shafts yesterday I looked and sure enough its the same setup. Extension box fluid change! LOL it never ends with these boats!

Interested in adding a fluid reservoir to monitor the level. How would I go about that? How much fluid does it hold normally? How do you currently change the fluid? How much fluid would you use if you added a reservoir? Can you overfill it?

The stellings boxes on my last boat just had a grease fitting there.

Thanks!
WANTED: Pair of clear merc bravo style drive fluid reservoir bottles and transom brackets. Thanks
Old 07-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I remember chatting with my buddy Rob about this a while ago so while greasing my drive shafts yesterday I looked and sure enough its the same setup. Extension box fluid change! LOL it never ends with these boats!

Interested in adding a fluid reservoir to monitor the level. How would I go about that? How much fluid does it hold normally? How do you currently change the fluid? How much fluid would you use if you added a reservoir? Can you overfill it?

The stellings boxes on my last boat just had a grease fitting there.

Thanks!
Any answers¿???????????¿?????????¿????????