FORMULA 382 Fastech vs 330 or 370SS >

FORMULA 382 Fastech vs 330 or 370SS

Notices

FORMULA 382 Fastech vs 330 or 370SS

Old 07-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FORMULA 382 Fastech vs 330 or 370SS

Can't decide. Would LOVE a fastech with 4 bolsters + bench, but really like the 330 or 370 for the nicer cabin and wider beam. Have my GF's family to appease. (Some of them might not EVER set foot on any boat though)

Practicality is in favor of the 330 or 370, but its my hard earned cash and I like some oomph.

Lake of the Ozarks is where I will be doing most of my boating.

Will be in the market in the next 9 months or so and need to figure it out.

Appreciate all responses, would also like to know if I can add the 2nd row of bolsters on a 382...
Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by TheKyle
Can't decide. Would LOVE a fastech with 4 bolsters + bench, but really like the 330 or 370 for the nicer cabin and wider beam. Have my GF's family to appease. (Some of them might not EVER set foot on any boat though)

Practicality is in favor of the 330 or 370, but its my hard earned cash and I like some oomph.

Lake of the Ozarks is where I will be doing most of my boating.

Will be in the market in the next 9 months or so and need to figure it out.

Appreciate all responses, would also like to know if I can add the 2nd row of bolsters on a 382...

you forgot the 41 pc....its eother you go fast or just cruise,,mosrt of the time you will just be cruising so i would just go with a 41 pc with diesels,,best part you can sleep on it and party with the a/c on..
Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I had a 382, loved the boat.......you do not need the second row bolster seats. They fill up the cockpit so bad you can't do anything but stand/sit in the seat (socializing while anchored in that cockpit will not be fun).
Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Registered

every think of a 38zx?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The ride quality of the 33 in rough water leaves something to be desired. It will run about 55 depending on engine options but once the water stirs up it gets rough unless you slow down a lot. The other two run great in the rough and the 370 is a great party boat. Although they can be harder to find because it seems like they sold a lot more 40 SS models than 370s. The 382 is one of the best offshore boats ever built as an all around boat, great ride quality, fairly fast, handles very well, and great build quality. I wouldn't like 4 bolsters either, the cockpit just isn't big enough.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered

another idiot that joined jst to ask a bullchit ?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Is that directed to me I assume? Didn't mean to piss you off, but it's a legitimate question that I was seeking others opinions on. This seemed like the right place to do it.

If you will see, I actually joined over a year ago and I like to read the forums. This is my first post, but I am sure it will not be my last.

Unless you would prefer I stay out?

As far as the other replies go, I really appreciate the insight. I still don't have a clear winner. I guess in the long term I would like to have an even larger, 400SS but it's not going to be in the cards right now. I'll keep checking the classifieds and it might just come down to the best deal I can find on one of these 3. They all seem to be great boats...

Thanks again for all of the constructive replies.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Registered

Just spoke to a customer of mine, I sold him his 06 370 new in late 05. 496HOs 200hrs, Waves and Wheels stereo, underwater lighting, switchable exhaust, silver hull side, Raymarine C80. Just serviced at Bergers this spring.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Really???