crankcase ventalation setup >

crankcase ventalation setup

Notices

crankcase ventalation setup

Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default crankcase ventalation setup

i have posted this before with little response but i am gonna give it a try again. i have a 330hp on roids type of build and i am having issues with crank case ventalation. i have tall emi valve covers that i have used a generic pcv valve on that runs into the back of a pro-form carb. on the other side i have a breather. the breather leaks oil out of it and when i was adjusting my rockers last week i was looking at the pcv vlave and it was nearly spotless. i have no baffle under the pcv to block oil from getting at it so i am thining that it is not pulling air through it as it is suppose to and also supports the oil leaking out of the breather. how is everyone else ventalating their crankcases? my setup appears to not be working
Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running blower motors, and the builder had me install a remote catch tank. I used -12 hoses to a Canton puke tank from summit. It seems to work fine. After a 3-4 hr run, I drain them and get a few ounces of condensed steam and maybe a half ounce of oil. No leaking oil out of breathers this way.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Airking
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some catch tanks. Bolts to bell housing on bbc.
Tee off from tank to valve covers with an fittings and stainless lines. Problem solved. Both tanks $150
Attached Thumbnails crankcase ventalation setup-p1000519.jpg   crankcase ventalation setup-p1000520.jpg