Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Mercury 6.2 MX hard to start >

Mercury 6.2 MX hard to start

Notices

Mercury 6.2 MX hard to start

Old 07-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This EFI is really making me miss carb's. Fuel, spark, compression 1,2,3. I just had work done on my heads and now a whole box of trouble has popped up. Mine starts and idles ok but when I give it gas it kind of sputters and doesn't want to throttle up but will eventually pull RPM on the hose but only 4,000 under load. I am reading more about the failing cap and rotors so I really hope that solves my problem.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

getting the boat back tomorrow at our shop, after reading and testing and doing all sorts of crap to this thing, I believe that the whole problem is the crankshaft position sensor. Without it operating as it should be, weak fire can occur which explains allot of the symptoms we have encountered with this engine being so hard to start. Will let you know what happens! So grateful for all the input and help and suggestions!