Input on Advantage boats >

Input on Advantage boats

Notices

Input on Advantage boats

Old 07-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on Advantage boats

I am looking at a 1990 Advantage 21.5’ ski boat, bowrider. Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the brand, I have done a little research and I see that they are a smaller company so their boats are pretty rare. Also, I know they only started manufacturing boats in the mid 80’s I believe, so would I really want to get involved with a boat that was produced when they only had 5 years prior to “work out the kinks”.

Anyways, just wondering what, if anything, any of you have heard on these boats. Do their hulls hold up well, do they have rot problems, or anything else to watch for? Obviously I’ll look it over in person, but if there’s something in particular I should watch out for that would be good to know. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I have 2 Advantage boats and I believe that they are very well made. I looked at dozens of them at Havasu this spring and couldn't even find a stress crack in the gelcoat on one. Very nice people to work with if you need something and I think they still have every mold if you need a part made.