525 EFI Injector Removal Tips?? >

525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??

Notices

525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??

Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
The engines have around 260 hours now and thats wahat I was thinking....being more proactive and doing this preventative maintenance.
If I get them cleaned, then I know there cleaned.
For reference I was at 730 hours when mine let go.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trash
For reference I was at 730 hours when mine let go.
That's a lot of hours.
I will change the inline high pressure fuel filters and run injector cleaner through the next couple of tanks and see if it improves.
I'm hoping it is just a filter issue at this point.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Running injector cleaner helps but there are filters in the injectors that the dirt ends up in,if your fuel psi is ok ,compression good,no codes and your still down on rpms your injectors could use a cleaning and flow check,we offer a injector cleaning and flow service 25per injector,i would say that most of the injectors that we clean and check result in gained rpm and better performance,just depends on how well they flow at first,we flow check them in a static and auto mode,then remove filters and then clean them in a ultrasonic bath,then re flow check them we find a lot of bad flowing injectors and they usually flow well after cleaning,pulling the injectors out of your 525 is easy and we can clean the injectors and have them back in a couple of days,Dave 410-956-5381
Attached Thumbnails 525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??-049.jpg   525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??-047.jpg   525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??-052.jpg  

525 EFI Injector Removal Tips??-054.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like some kind of science experiment.....Cool. And Impressive. (and realitively cheap) After taking the filters/cleaner approach, if no change, I would have them professionally done. I was just suggesting a less intrusive way to do it.
Just for the mere assurance of knowing they are not the culprit of your issue, It's a good idea to do this from the start. The cleaner additive my be time consuming thus having to deal with it for a longer period of time. And then in the end doing it the professional way. The additive may be something you would do as a preventitive when you fill up in the future.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
Running injector cleaner helps but there are filters in the injectors that the dirt ends up in,if your fuel psi is ok ,compression good,no codes and your still down on rpms your injectors could use a cleaning and flow check
This was another point I was going to make that is addressed very well.

When I upgraded my injectors I was able to go in the shop and they showed me my old/original injector in the flow testing unit. You could see flow rate, spray pattern etc. They also showed me the new ones for a flow rate/pattern comparison. It was neat to see first hand.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Some great posts and advice, thanks to all!
I would feel at ease knowing the injectors were professionally cleaned and tested, one less thing to worry about.
Being almost 7 years old, might be time to do.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Ask Brad (bcschoe) about this, he did 2 complete rebuilds and chased a problem around for weeks. Cleaned his injectors and BAM - problem solved.

You cannot believe the junk that comes out after the hot cleaning & reverse flush. And being able to see the before & after flow and spray pattern is priceless for piece of mind.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mbam
Ask Brad (bcschoe) about this, he did 2 complete rebuilds and chased a problem around for weeks. Cleaned his injectors and BAM - problem solved.

You cannot believe the junk that comes out after the hot cleaning & reverse flush. And being able to see the before & after flow and spray pattern is priceless for piece of mind.
I read that thread the other day, it was a good read!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

MDG, Mbam,
How often does it happen where you clean a set of injectors and there was no noticeable from the before and after cleaning process?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did an internet search on this topic of ultrasonic injector cleaning, I want to have this done now. There are a few videos of the process and you would not believe the before and after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.