Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
496 HO Sea Water Temp sensor location >

496 HO Sea Water Temp sensor location

Notices

496 HO Sea Water Temp sensor location

Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, it sounds like we can just ignore that sensor then. I will have him run it and check for codes and sensor temps after it warms up. It had a problem where it would cutout trying to get on plane, but we changed the crank sensor and that problem appears to be fixed. It wouldn't start at the end of a day, but it was hot out, so maybe it was vapor locked. I will update when I find out more info and we do more trouble shooting..
Old 07-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 28Eliminator
connected the scan tool and the only thing I could find is that it says the lake/sea water temp is 431 degrees. but where the heck is the sea water temp sensor?
Most likely you don't have the lake/sea water temp sensor/transducer installed on the bottom of the boat. so this would be the default reading from the boat's transducer being unplugged.

The lake/sea water temp "sensor" would be located inside thru hull transducer going thru the bottom of the boat to read the actual water temp of the body of water the boat is sitting in.

The PCM is designed to ignore this reading and a few others as far as engine guardian mode goes.