Best Exhaust >

Best Exhaust

Notices

Best Exhaust

Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust

wanting to change exhaust,,, do you have any suggestions ? what do you think about Indmar or Stainless Marine? ,,, putting them on twin 383's 29ft scarab ,,,,
Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered

I can only comment on what I read as I am running cast manifolds and risers now. Stainless Marine gets very good comments in here. Just do a search on stainless marine and start reading. Within those threads you will find comments on other manifolds also and you can modify your search to read about thise systems. It is really a function of what your motor is right now (are they stock, etc.) and/or what you plan on doing with your motor in the future with respect to cams, etc. Do a search on reversion and you will see what I am talking about. If you put in a little more information in here about your current set up and what your future plans are I think you would get some good advice.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Default best exhaust

engines are being stepped up ,,, original twin 5.7 vortec MPI 300HP Mecrusier 29ft scarab ,,,, will be 383's, vortec blocks,, vortec 906 with match port heads, 1.94 intake 1.60 exhaust ,, cam around .490-.500 lift, 230 duration roller with 1.6 rockers , reprogramed box ,, aluminum dualplane intake ,, Hyp. pistons 9 - 9.4 comp ,, 5.7 length rods ,, cast steel crank ,,
Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Are you keeping MPI or going carbs "reprgramed box" makes me think MP but alum intake makes me think carb.

Let me know the results, are you going to dyno the engines?

Thanks,

LC
Old 07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered

im staying wiyh mpi ,,, found an intake, dual plane with injector bosses, looks same runners as cast, will check a lil closer before buying ,,,