Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
LOW WOT RPM's >

LOW WOT RPM's

Notices

LOW WOT RPM's

Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you go over tomorrow to look at it, take a look and maybe picts, at the numbers on the props and post those numbers. Also what elevation are you boating at, because that can make a big difference also.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by intimid8
Hey..

The boat was purchased from the u.s.a and shipped over here. I have had no issues with her other than vapor lock.. no surprise considering our temperatures can get up to 120 degrees. What I find strange is that both motors are getting the exact same RPM's when pushed hard which is 4300 max when trimmed right. My gut feeling is that it's a prop issue or a gas issue since our octane is low. The engines are from 1995 and rebuilt in 2005 and have been ok so far so I do believe the previous owner was very honest with me.

I'll go over there tomorrow and take some pics of the boat when opening her up and you can be the judge.

Thanks and best regards,
120 degree air temps??? That might be your problem. Also what elevation are you at?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
120 degree air temps??? That might be your problem. Also what elevation are you at?
Yes i'd say we average at about 110 degrees. Water temps are rather high too. But ill look around on the boat and post these pics. I live on an island and take the boat out in the arabian gulf so elevation isn't a problem
Old 08-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 28Eliminator
When you go over tomorrow to look at it, take a look and maybe picts, at the numbers on the props and post those numbers. Also what elevation are you boating at, because that can make a big difference also.
Gearing is 1.50 and props are 26 inch. Whats the best configuration for the boat?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Gearing is 1.50 and props are 26 inch. Whats the best configuration for the boat?

Thanks
I would post that in the fountain section, see if you can find what others are running.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

I had the same problem with my Donzi. Trimmed out wot max rpms 4500. Ended up being weak fuel, the knock sensors retard the timing. I put octane boost in the fuel that was there and filled up with premium problem fixed back to 5 k both motors
Old 08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BIGMC69
I had the same problem with my Donzi. Trimmed out wot max rpms 4500. Ended up being weak fuel, the knock sensors retard the timing. I put octane boost in the fuel that was there and filled up with premium problem fixed back to 5 k both motors
Thanks for the reply.. What octane booster did you use? what ratio should i use considering the tanks about 200 gal?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

I took her out today and it seems like cleaning the fuel injectors and changing the sparks didn't quite do it.

In neutral the boat is hitting the rev limiter. Both engines are getting 5k rpms. It's just under load it'll get up to 3800 rpms and slowly creep its way past 4000 and maxing out at 4200

I don't know where to look at next.

Again, props are a bit rusted and 15 years old. They are 26's. I am guessing they are the culprit now.

I've posted some pics of the dash.

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8524175...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8524175...in/photostream
Old 08-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply.. What octane booster did you use? what ratio should i use considering the tanks about 200 gal?

Thanks
Sorry for the delay. I am not sure what brand I used I just bought enough to mix with about 60 gallons then topped it off with premium and I it instantly ran better.