chinese stuff... >

chinese stuff...

Notices

chinese stuff...

Old 08-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese stuff...

recent thread on here about manley stuff which, turns out it seems, that they are using chinese forgings.

all this chinese stuff in the main stream is after my time so i have no real experience with it. i know i spoke to edlebrock a while back when they started doing it and they said they were using a factory that they had equipped with american machinery and was supervised by american qc guys. after this manley thread i did a little research and it seems ( not authoratatively but by acclimation ) that just about everybody uses these chinese forgings now and all the machine work is then done here...

i'm curious... from the commercial builders on here... how do you know what you are getting from where, what is you experience with the chinese stuff and is it really as bad as some people say ? i mean... IF the machine work is getting done here and the sizes and tolerences are bad, how is that the chinese fault ?

what's the truth of this whole thing ?