Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise >

Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise

Notices

Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise

Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise

Ok my 29 scarab has sat for about three weeks. I out it in the water today. I checked the driver magnets and oil all looks well. When I turn I here almost a grinding noise but I don't here it when the drive is straight. Also on the same motor the right side PVC valve pushed a milky residue onto my flame arrester. Same motor left PVC valve is pushing oil out of it. It's coming out of the tube on the PVC valve running down the carb and onto my intake. A decent amount. Oil pressure if fine no over heating oil looks good on the stick. Granted its a little low, after this. Also on my other motor. The drive bottle keeps pushing out drive oil out of the top. The fluid will go down to low when cold but no matter what it's will fill up and push oil all down my transome. Magnets are good on that drive. Oil is dirty though
Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adamcoover
. When I turn I here almost a grinding noise but I don't here it when the drive is straight.
i would check your power steering fluid level
Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered

Ok my 29 scarab has sat for about three weeks. I out it in the water today. I checked the driver magnets and oil all looks well. When I turn I here almost a grinding noise but I don't here it when the drive is straight. Also on the same motor the right side PVC valve pushed a milky residue onto my flame arrester. Same motor left PVC valve is pushing oil out of it. It's coming out of the tube on the PVC valve running down the carb and onto my intake. A decent amount. Oil pressure if fine no over heating oil looks good on the stick. Granted its a little low, after this. Also on my other motor. The drive bottle keeps pushing out drive oil out of the top. The fluid will go down to low when cold but no matter what it's will fill up and push oil all down my transome. Magnets are good on that drive. Oil is dirty though
Lol its 12 I'm in bed and auto correct got the best out of me. Sorry for the bad English.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
i would check your power steering fluid level
But it's when the drive is turned. Not while turning it. Just when the drive is in a turning position. Say u turn right and put it in gear and don't move the weel you hear a noise. It's not horrible but it way to loud to ignore
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The noise when turning is either the u-joints or gimble bearing.

It's not unusual to see some milky oil at the pvc's sometimes. It's moisture under the valve covers mixing with oil. If you get the engine good and hot it should go away. As long as the oil on the stick looks clean and doesn't start reading high it's probably not a problem.

The drive with the reservoir over flowing may be running hot for some reason.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by picklenjim
the noise when turning is either the u-joints or gimble bearing.
+1
Old 08-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Registered

But as far as the rear PVC tube by the flame arrestor puking a lot of oil out that's not a issue? Doesn't seem right to me. I can see some but it's dripping off my carb into a decent puddle on my intake I mean like the rear of the side of the carb was coated and dripping
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered

And how to replace gimbal bearing? Motor needs to come out?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

But as far as the rear PVC tube by the flame arrestor puking a lot of oil out that's not a issue? Doesn't seem right to me. I can see some but it's dripping off my carb into a decent puddle on my intake I mean like the rear of the side of the carb was coated and dripping
Could be alot of things,,,,,,pull your dipstick,,,,,is it milky as well ????
Old 08-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

And how to replace gimbal bearing? Motor needs to come out?
No,,,,just pull the outdrive,,,,,,need a 3 jaw slide hammer, or the " special " tool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.