Am I missing anything? >

Am I missing anything?

Notices

Am I missing anything?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing anything?

I recently "acquired" my dad's 1998 Baja Hammer, and him and I aren't necessarily on speaking terms, so it's been left up to me to get the whole boat winterized. I got the engine marina winterized, took out everything from the inside (including bench seat), took the battery out, and waxed it. I'm hoping to take the prop off some time this week along with the winch on the trailer. Then I'm just gonna put a tarp over the cover, which will cover most of the boat. If anything can think of anything I'm skipping over, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by bimini run
I recently "acquired" my dad's 1998 Baja Hammer, and him and I aren't necessarily on speaking terms, so it's been left up to me to get the whole boat winterized. I got the engine marina winterized, took out everything from the inside (including bench seat), took the battery out, and waxed it. I'm hoping to take the prop off some time this week along with the winch on the trailer. Then I'm just gonna put a tarp over the cover, which will cover most of the boat. If anything can think of anything I'm skipping over, I'd really appreciate it.
yes,,this is the hard part,,the boat wont matter if your dad were to die...me and my father were not on speaking terms and he passed away....you dont know how hard that will be on you until it happens so chuck it up and make amends with him...you can always replace the parts on the boat or even the boat but you will never replace your father...

now to the boat drain fuel tank,,the gas now adays it garbage,,use it now so you dont have to waste it in the spring..
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
yes,,this is the hard part,,the boat wont matter if your dad were to die...me and my father were not on speaking terms and he passed away....you dont know how hard that will be on you until it happens so chuck it up and make amends with him...you can always replace the parts on the boat or even the boat but you will never replace your father...

now to the boat drain fuel tank,,the gas now adays it garbage,,use it now so you dont have to waste it in the spring..
Easier said than done when I'm really just stuck in the middle of it. Especially when I can't be on speaking terms with him because he just disappears...talk about a sh*tty situation...

Anyway, I used up the gas to just under a quarter of a tank, went to the marina and poured some additive in the tank and ran it a little with the additive in it like my mechanic told me. My dad used to fill it up at the end of the season (another thing he did wrong...) and after getting a brand new engine, you can be sure I'm not making that mistake
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Is the boat going to be stored indoors over the winter or outside?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lower the drive all the way down for storage. hard on the bellows the keep it up
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Is the boat going to be stored indoors over the winter or outside?
The boats going to be stored outside

@dsmawd350 - forgot about that one, thanks a bunch!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

back in the day when gas was gas, before ethanol and epa gas, filling up was the thing to do. make amends with you dad like fixx said, as of today i no longer have that ability. so don't waste family over stupid grap.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Since it's going to be in the weather - bow up, prop removed with the drive tucked under and build a ridge pole affair to keep the tarp off the deck/ cockpit cover. This keep any snow or water load shed off the boat - it's that or take it and have it shrink wrapped for the winter
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dsmawd350
lower the drive all the way down for storage. hard on the bellows the keep it up
Thanks! I never thought about that
Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Registered

lower the drive all the way down for storage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.