Looking for ECU advice >

Looking for ECU advice

Notices

Looking for ECU advice

Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for ECU advice

I have a 500 efi intake wiring harness ect... Its going on a 572 and will have the new Vortech XB110 V11 supercharger. I sent the ECU off to be reprogramed and was told its out of date and cant be reprogramed. Im looking into a diffrent system that I can tune or a self tuning ECU. Has anyone retro fitted one of these intakes? Any advise would be a hugh help
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Who did you send your ecu too?..

The Holley HP EFI system is an easy retrofit and would work very well for your app. That intake however isn't the best match for your combo but will work and still make decent power; I'd look into a different throttle body though. FAST also has a marine version of their XFI that would work for you but, it isn't a potted unit like the Holley and has a lot less features.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Dustin Whipple. Even though its a Vortec, Dustin has alot of experience programing ECU's.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered

The only reason i was wanting to use this intake was because it was already on the boat before and has the vortech intercooler for it. Its is carburated now with a V4 J trim. I sent the ECU to Arizona Speed and Marine. After reading too many blown up motors from him on here I'm not willing to take that chance, I'll look into Holly and fast, thank you HaxbySpeed....

You wouldnt happen to have a number for Dustin Wipple would you?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Phone # for Dustin Whipple 559-442-1261. Should get you to his office.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

No way that anybody is going to be able to tune an ECM for you on your setup without doing it on a dyno or in real time in the boat with an O2 sensor.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by southbenz
I have a 500 efi intake wiring harness ect... Its going on a 572 and will have the new Vortech XB110 V11 supercharger. I sent the ECU off to be reprogramed and was told its out of date and cant be reprogramed. Im looking into a diffrent system that I can tune or a self tuning ECU. Has anyone retro fitted one of these intakes? Any advise would be a hugh help
I would assume you had a mefi-3? There is only about 100+ shops these days that can tune it and 10,000 amateur home tuners that have bought mefi-burn software and did there own so not sure why "it's out of date"? You really need to have it tuned on a dyno though so who ever programs it doesn't just throw a bunch of extra fuel at it to be safe, Smitty
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
I would assume you had a mefi-3? There is only about 100+ shops these days that can tune it and 10,000 amateur home tuners that have bought mefi-burn software and did there own so not sure why "it's out of date"? You really need to have it tuned on a dyno though so who ever programs it doesn't just throw a bunch of extra fuel at it to be safe, Smitty
Listen to the artic what he is saying is true.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Although a Mefi 3 isn't the latest and greatest, it certianly isn't "out of date" and it certianly will work. There are a few that can tune it CORRECTLY. As mentioned, spend the money to have it tuned on a dyno. It is money well spent.
Where are you located?
Eddie
Old 11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered

The ECU I have is the same one that came with the motor in 04, Im not sure which one that is. I live in Beaumont TX area. I was just thinking if I had a setup with a wideban like the Holley set up I could tune it myself. I do agree that there is no better way to tune any motor than to put it on a dyno, and if I have to I will do that. Ive had race cars but they were carburated and I can tune them but Im new to the EFI systems. Thank you guys for your help and input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.