Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where to get corsa exhaust parts? >

Where to get corsa exhaust parts?

Notices

Where to get corsa exhaust parts?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to get corsa exhaust parts?

Removed both exhaust diverters from the Donzi today and cleaned them up. Both sides had the internal metal diverter valve missing And the support rod mostly gone....... Where can I get replacements??? I also need the cockpit on/off switch as mine I'd broken..... Thanks... TBF
Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

I should be clear and say Iam just looking for the diverter flap that mounts to the actuator rod X 2....... I don't want to replace the whole deal as the solenoids look to be OK....
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Registered

I have purchased directly from Corsa when I needed a harness.

440-891-0999

Ken
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never seen that happen before. Did they corrode away from salt water? If so, then I would be taking a close look at the risers and manifolds too. If corroded that much, I would also check to make sure the shaft will still move freely in the housing. Also check the tips to make sure the missing butterflies did not end up getting lodged in there.

Seriously, if you have a corrosion issue I would look into replacing the entire diverter. There are several used sets for sale in the Swap Shop section. Might be cheaper and less trouble, unless your housings are in really good shape and the parts are cheap and readily available.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Registered

Thanks, I have one diverter that was barely hanging on the shaft but the other side was gone. The other is probably in the exhaust tip internal muffler unit that I have not removed yet...... I did buy this boat without any engine and there was plenty of pieces of rusty manifold in the exhaust tips..... The exhaust housing looks pretty good after a good cleanup and the solenoids look OK but I will need to test them.

The thru hull exhaust tips have some kind of internal built in muffler? They are crapped up with pieces of rusty manifold so I will remove them. Do they help with preventing water intrusion? These had the rubber flappers installed on the ends which do not look very good.

This boat needed a good week of cleanup but I must say this Donzi cleaned up very,very nicely!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered

If I can figure out how to post pics I will show the uglyness!